Strategy for Beginning A Career

Great stuff here. It's always a good thing to reach out on these forums because as you can see, there's quality information that can be used to make decisions. As a businessman, I have always advocated for mentorship then let the birds "build their wings and fly". I still do that today...probably always will. You can learn more about me by visiting my website in mi signature. I also am a huge proponent of positive thinking...I post a ton on pinterest as well. Cheers!

Not all MLM are as bad as theyre made out to be.
Wherever you go, itll all depend on how well they train you and how transparent they are with you.

By nature, MLMs and transparency are at opposite ends of the scale. Industry wide, MLM reps have a 99% failure rate, whether it be insurance or pills and potions. They are driven by recruitment, using exaggerations and half truths, and if they told the full truth nobody would join. If you're a gambler, go for it.

Thank you. I won't wait until 80k is guaranteed. I will wait until I have a respectable product knowledge, know my target market and preferred product niche, and have a sense of my marketing strategy. At that point, I will be willing to go 100%, as long as it seems financially doable The 80k is what I am accustomed to. I am willing to sacrifice. I just can't fall into that 30 or 40k territory that a lot of newer agents fall into. As for the earnings on a part time basis, I'm really not too concerned about that. I would simply like access, instruction and flexibility. I might be ammenable to doing that for free, as long as it gave me exposure to those who had succeeded. I might actually be of some service to them. ---------- I impressed and grateful that you seasoned professionals would take the time to try and assist someone who obviously knows very little about your business. I really ready do appreciate I'm a very analytical type. Ultimately I am a risk taker. But I am also a planner. I tend to go through a feeling out period as a confidence builder. I do understand that there are no guarantees, and that there is a time when 100% commitment is called for, if one is to succeed any business. And I know that the barriers to entry in your business often take the form of long hours and financial sacrifice. I had great respect and love for my father who was in your business for 30 years. So in that sense, even though it was some time ago, I feel a certain kinship with people in insurance. Thank you again.

My suggestions ... Find one IMO who you are willing to trust 100% and listen to them . Follow them to a T.

The reason you see successful boxers, or martial artists, is because 100% trust. Trust
In their trainer
And the trainer trusting in their athlete . Same thing in this business (at least in my experience).

If you want to succeed , if you trust in your trainer and if your trainer trusts in you , 100%, you will succeed .

My suggestions ... Find one IMO who you are willing to trust 100% and listen to them . Follow them to a T. The reason you see successful boxers, or martial artists, is because 100% trust. Trust In their trainer And the trainer trusting in their athlete . Same thing in this business (at least in my experience). If you want to succeed , if you trust in your trainer and if your trainer trusts in you , 100%, you will succeed .

I think this can be bad advice for the simple reason that New Agents do not know what they do not know. There are NUMEROUS so-called "trainers" or "mentors" out there that couldn't shine the shoes of a TRUE professional in their chosen field.

The unknowing agent is typically placed underneath or recruited by this manager who is subpar in every level. I see these so-called "trainers" "mentors" and "coaches" who haven't done squat, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!

My suggestions ... Find one IMO who you are willing to trust 100% and listen to them . Follow them to a T. The reason you see successful boxers, or martial artists, is because 100% trust. Trust In their trainer And the trainer trusting in their athlete . Same thing in this business (at least in my experience). If you want to succeed , if you trust in your trainer and if your trainer trusts in you , 100%, you will succeed .

Clearly you have never trained at a top level or competitive level.

I suppose if one is looking for a successful mentor, its doubtful their office would be located above a "Chicken Lickin" in a strip mall? Nor would they feel the need to display gaudy trophies, motivational wall plaques, or "mean nothing" wall certificates.

Clearly you have never trained at a top level or competitive level.
thanks for adding value to this thread - and yes , I have trained,competed won and lost at the world Championships in Brazilian jiu jitsu .

----------

I think this can be bad advice for the simple reason that New Agents do not know what they do not know. There are NUMEROUS so-called "trainers" or "mentors" out there that couldn't shine the shoes of a TRUE professional in their chosen field. The unknowing agent is typically placed underneath or recruited by this manager who is subpar in every level. I see these so-called "trainers" "mentors" and "coaches" who haven't done squat, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE!
Yes , finding the right mentor can be tough . I agree .

thanks for adding value to this thread - and yes , I have trained,competed won and lost at the world Championships in Brazilian jiu jitsu . ---------- Yes , finding the right mentor can be tough . I agree .

Then you understand that changing trainers is how you can evolve. Which was my point.

Then you understand that changing trainers is how you can evolve. Which was my point.

I think utilizing other partners / trainers is necessary - but I don't agree that fully changing is always best , especially starting out . .... Yes , sometimes A change in a trainer , at a very high level , is best - but I was more so speaking about starting out .

----------

I think utilizing other partners / trainers is necessary - but I don't agree that fully changing is always best , especially starting out . .... Yes , sometimes A change in a trainer , at a very high level , is best - but I was more so speaking about starting out .

I ,also, think there is nothing wrong with starting with a good coach and utilizing them through all levels , if they are skilled enough . I don't see an issue

----------

I ,also, think there is nothing wrong with starting with a good coach and utilizing them through all levels , if they are skilled enough . I don't see an issue

It's been my experience that coaches are coaches for a reason.....most are/were unsuccessful in sales.;)

Latest posts

Back