Straticision Update

Some of you may recall that I had gotten Straticision to fix their software about a year ago to actually honor the 30 day grace period following the last birthday for all the carriers who supported it. Frankly, most of the people on the board said they could care less.,...and it is definitely not a game changer either way.

Anyway, I have been very happy that I could plug in my client's actual birthday for someone like GNW, MOO, JH, etc and get a quote based on the age they were entitled to at the time. If I then switched to a different carrier that did not have a 30 day save age, the age would change automatically and the quote would always be correct. Prior to that I had to always remember that there was a save age and maybe back off a year.

As of this week, Straticision backed out all the changes they made to make me happy...and now the the current age is once again used in all quotes...which of course is wrong if the person signs the ap any time soon and had a recent birthday.

The reason given was that "too many agents did not like the way the system worked, and wanted to return to actual age. So, the majority rules....and they reversed it". (per Rick @ Straticision)

Anyway...at this point, I could care less....and yes, I am anal with things like this. I am happy they are at least consistent...but I am at a loss as to why people would actually hate the concept of the software accurately quoting someone based on their birthday and that particular carrier's rules.

Oh well.....I mis-quoted someone this week when I did not catch it...so if you work like I do, you best be careful.:idea:

Some of you may recall that I had gotten Straticision to fix their software about a year ago to actually honor the 30 day grace period following the last birthday for all the carriers who supported it. Frankly, most of the people on the board said they could care less.,...and it is definitely not a game changer either way.

Anyway, I have been very happy that I could plug in my client's actual birthday for someone like GNW, MOO, JH, etc and get a quote based on the age they were entitled to at the time. If I then switched to a different carrier that did not have a 30 day save age, the age would change automatically and the quote would always be correct. Prior to that I had to always remember that there was a save age and maybe back off a year.

As of this week, Straticision backed out all the changes they made to make me happy...and now the the current age is once again used in all quotes...which of course is wrong if the person signs the ap any time soon and had a recent birthday.

The reason given was that "too many agents did not like the way the system worked, and wanted to return to actual age. So, the majority rules....and they reversed it". (per Rick @ Straticision)

Anyway...at this point, I could care less....and yes, I am anal with things like this. I am happy they are at least consistent...but I am at a loss as to why people would actually hate the concept of the software accurately quoting someone based on their birthday and that particular carrier's rules.

Oh well.....I mis-quoted someone this week when I did not catch it...so if you work like I do, you best be careful.:idea:

since i only sell over the phone and via email, i don't like using dates of birth on the stratecision quote just for privacy reasons.

if i was meeting people face to face and never emailed quotes to them, then i would put the dob in the quote.

SINCE I

since i only sell over the phone and via email, i don't like using dates of birth on the stratecision quote just for privacy reasons.

if i was meeting people face to face and never emailed quotes to them, then i would put the dob in the quote.

SINCE I

I also almost never meet people any more either....but I do input birthdays....so maybe I am just not that privacy conscious on the birthday on the quote. I use the 30 day grace period as an incentive to buy quickly to save money....and showing the birthday and the earlier age just seems to reinforce it. Personal preference I guess.

I actually rarely send out quotes.....I do online meetings with join.me and let them build plans with Straticision based on their needs..hence the birthday helping to quote accurately. Usually, they determine what they like and just buy something. ...so I only send applications. Why send out quotes when they can not find a better plan anywhere else than through you? :biggrin:

I also almost never meet people any more either....but I do input birthdays....so maybe I am just not that privacy conscious on the birthday on the quote. I use the 30 day grace period as an incentive to buy quickly to save money....and showing the birthday and the earlier age just seems to reinforce it. Personal preference I guess.

I actually rarely send out quotes.....I do online meetings with join.me and let them build plans with Straticision based on their needs..hence the birthday helping to quote accurately. Usually, they determine what they like and just buy something. ...so I only send applications. Why send out quotes when they can not find a better plan anywhere else than through you? :biggrin:

i never do online meetings.
big time waster.

What is your "process" for online LTC sales?

Leads comes in, call, screen sharing, telephone talk only, both spouses present, run quotes, e-mail app, follow up, etc.

You can e-mail me direct if you prefer.

What is your "process" for online LTC sales?

Leads comes in, call, screen sharing, telephone talk only, both spouses present, run quotes, e-mail app, follow up, etc.

You can e-mail me direct if you prefer.

I simply talk on the phone; answer questions; and proceed with sending information for them to review. Sometimes I email the information; sometimes I snail mail a very professional binder.

I imagine it might help to share a screen so they can view the rates and illustrations I am looking at; but I have not moved in that direction yet. Maybe it might slow things down while I am trying to have a conversation. Not sure? I suppose I could try a screen share to see if they would like viewing my Stratecision software or my Moneyguard or TLC software.

I take applications by phone when they ask me what the next step is. I fedEx or email the completed app to them to sign. 25% of time spouse may not be present.

I take applications by phone when they ask me what the next step is. I fedEx or email the completed app to them to sign. 25% of time spouse may not be present.

Sounds like a "easy-going" way to sell.

I think about face to face and most agents taught to never go on a "one legged" (no spouse) appointment.

I guess with your system you don't worry as much about that ?

Sounds like a "easy-going" way to sell.

I think about face to face and most agents taught to never go on a "one legged" (no spouse) appointment.

I guess with your system you don't worry as much about that ?

Yes, I would be cautious about doing face-to-face meetings with one party present. But with internet and telephone marketing, I definitely do not worry about it. I just answer the phone when it rings; and converse with the person(s) on the other end of the line. When and if they tell me they want to apply, I take the application.

Last week a client of mine mentioned to me that they referred a couple to me that bought a policy. Turns out the 2 husbands work together. I had no idea. To this day I have never once spoken with the husband.

So I just sent out a couple of gift bottles of Jordan Cabernet Savignon to the referring couple, although somewhat belatedly :)

I just answer the phone when it rings; and converse with the person(s) on the other end of the line. When and if they tell me they want to apply, I take the application.

I am getting envious.

So I just sent out a couple of gift bottles of Jordan Cabernet Savignon to the referring couple, although somewhat belatedly :)

I don't know what that is, but it sounds good right now!

Back