STS Series 7 License Software

Does anyone know of a better program as a crash course for the series 7 license?

I used Dearborn.

Here is a tip I will give you that worked well for me. You just have to be careful you hear it the right way. I worked with the Dearborn material for quite a while and obviously worked the practice questions and exam to death. Okay here is the tip. Not long before the exam. I bought the cheesy little Arco book at Barnes and Nobles with the disk in the back There were a few sections in the ARCO book that helped me to understand some things I could not lock down in my mind from Dearborn and the practice exams in the disk with the book are good if you read all the logic that goes with the answers etc. It is especially helpful if you are working with Dearborn or STS and have sort of burned out your practice exams on their software so that you are remembering answers.

Caution: I am not saying that that cheesy little arco course can be taken as a substitute for a real course. I am just saying it is a nice kicker at the end. My Dearborn CD exploded in my hard drive shortly before the exam and I needed to pick up something quick to keep going and it worked out fine.

I think the STS course is more comprehensive than Dearborn but also more boring. I have used some of their material a little, too boring for me.

Have since given up my Series 7. Being securities licensed is more like working for the government than working for the government and I would know.

Last edited:
I used Dearborn.

Here is a tip I will give you that worked well for me. You just have to be careful you hear it the right way. I worked with the Dearborn material for quite a while and obviously worked the practice questions and exam to death. Okay here is the tip. Not long before the exam. I bought the cheesy little Arco book at Barnes and Nobles with the disk in the back There were a few sections in the ARCO book that helped me to understand some things I could not lock down in my mind from Dearborn and the practice exams in the disk with the book are good if you read all the logic that goes with the answers etc. It is especially helpful if you are working with Dearborn or STS and have sort of burned out your practice exams on their software so that you are remembering answers.

Caution: I am not saying that that cheesy little arco course can be taken as a substitute for a real course. I am just saying it is a nice kicker at the end. My Dearborn CD exploded in my hard drive shortly before the exam and I needed to pick up something quick to keep going and it worked out fine.

I think the STS course is more comprehensive than Dearborn but also more boring. I have used some of their material a little, too boring for me.

Have since given up my Series 7. Being securities licensed is more like working for the government than working for the government and I would know.

That is a great post. Hopefully the OP will recognize it.

There are lots out there these days. Try google.
I honestly cant remember the name of the company I used..I do remember the logo had a horse head on it if that helps at all...lol
My manager at the time had just taken his and passed the material on to me.

I used teachers online for my 66. It wasnt fancy, but it was cheap, to the point, and accurate. But it was very boring.

Im not sure about the ARCO book that Winter spoke of, but surprisingly series 7 for dummies was almost as good as the course I took. And the practice exam was better. I probably could have passed just by studying that....but I wouldnt recommend it. It makes an excellent supplement though.

Good luck to you!!:1smile:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I love that quote! Its great...and so true. I might post it on my wall tomorrow... lol

Last edited:
even better idea is get your series 65 and won't have to deal with a lot of crap from finra and you'll be much better off

I used Dearborn.

This whole post is truth...I used Dearborn and STS and I personally thought Dearborn was far superior to STS's material.

And then my 7 and 66 expired and I never once, not even briefly, looked back. At the time I was studying for them, I was thinking this was the greatest, most important career move I would ever make. A scant several years later, I was glad they were gone!

I used something online and I got a book to read over and it was empire training or something like that, but it did have empire in it.

I had dearborn, cramster, kaplan, and empire, and I can say empire was the most accurate to the exam.

Back