Study: Health (Affordable Care Act) Overhaul to Raise Claims Cost 32 Pct

SeniorMarketDesign

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
'Insurance companies will have to pay out an average of 32 percent more for medical claims on individual health policies under President Barack Obama's overhaul, the nation's leading group of financial risk analysts (Society of Actuaries) has estimated.'

My Way News - Study: Health overhaul to raise claims cost 32 pct

'The disparities are striking. By 2017, the estimated increase would be 62 percent for California, about 80 percent for Ohio, more than 20 percent for Florida and 67 percent for Maryland. Much of the reason for the higher claims costs is that sicker people are expected to join the pool, the report said.

The report did not make similar estimates for employer plans, the mainstay for workers and their families. That's because the primary impact of Obama's law is on people who don't have coverage through their jobs.'

.......Interesting Read and Analysis that we ran across this morning.........

Senior Market Design, Inc
888-495-8038

[FONT=Verdana,Sans-serif]"The Society of Actuaries contracted Optum, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group, to do the number-crunching that drives the report. United also owns the nation's largest health insurance company."

Hired the Fox to look out for the chickens. I'm sure they were totally unbiased.

:D
[/FONT]

I'm not a political person, but you don't have to be political to understand that rates are going skyward. There's just no way that the ACA can live up to its name and provide all the benefits that it's purporting.

It's an economic impossibility.

Lobbyist for the largest ins. co. in the world

Optum is not a lobbying firm and UHC is far from being the largest carrier in the world.

Care to try for strike three?

Oh, wait. Apparently you believe Obamacrap lies.

Hit the showers!

So you believe that Optum massaged the data, Lewin used the adulterated information to sway political discussions but at the same time believe Obamacrap will actually produce more affordable health care and health insurance premiums?

Of course not. Premiums will continue to rise. I have no idea what is going to happen with the CF that is Obamacare. Six months until 40-50 million people blow up the system and NOBODY knows what's in store. Just pointing out it was a study conducted and paid for by those who will benefit most.

I'm on a Medicare plan, and frankly, don't see how the hell they can do them. When I hit 65 it was like Healthcare Christmas. Thanks to all!

Medicare is broke. That's how they do it.

Same for Social Security, Fannie & Freddie.

All technically bankrupt.

Back