Stumped on this Issue.

ser93boy

Expert
I met with a client today who wanted a med sup. Her part B was delayed and started on 8/1. She did not get the confirmation letter from Social Security that her part B is now active until this weekend, and the letter was dated 8/31. Technically, it was not her fault why Social Security waited until 8/31 to send her a confirmation letter, and she will not receive her updated Medicare card for another 3 weeks.

The challenge is that she wants her Med Sup to start on 8/1, so is it possible for me to do this? If so, how?

I met with a client today who wanted a med sup. Her part B was delayed and started on 8/1. She did not get the confirmation letter from Social Security that her part B is now active until this weekend, and the letter was dated 8/31. Technically, it was not her fault why Social Security waited until 8/31 to send her a confirmation letter, and she will not receive her updated Medicare card for another 3 weeks.

The challenge is that she wants her Med Sup to start on 8/1, so is it possible for me to do this? If so, how?

No, the earliest the Med Supp can be effective is the day it's written.

Unless she had medical bills from services received during the month of August that are greater than a month's premium, what is her point?

As indicated, there is no way to back date it, just pick a company that has a flexible effective date status like MOO or TA, not AARP or BCBS, since the later only utilized the 15ths and 1st of months for effectives.

I actually had the client fax the award letter from Social Security to the carrier and the effective date was changed to 8/1, so it all worked out.

I actually had the client fax the award letter from Social Security to the carrier and the effective date was changed to 8/1, so it all worked out.
If she had medical claims that the med sup will pay greater than the extra month's premium she had to pay, it did all work out. If she didn't, it didn't work out to her benefit.

If she had medical claims that the med sup will pay greater than the extra month's premium she had to pay, it did all work out. If she didn't, it didn't work out to her benefit.

I get it and tried to explain that to her. She said that she did not receive the bills yet, but did not want to take the chance.

I also told her to by Plan N instead of F, but she did not listen to that recommendation, so I didn't argue.

Back