Submitting Comments on the MIPPA Law

scottfree

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
From Ritter IM

Most of the recent regulatory changes (Scope of Appointment, 48-hour “Cooling Off”, compensation regulation, etc.) implemented by CMS may be traced back to the enacting of Public Law Number 110-275 (formerly H.R. 6331), better known as the “Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008″ (MIPPA). CMS is still in the process of defining and refining those changes and does accept public comments regarding the implementation of the MIPPA provisions. The comment period is slated to end November 15, 2008. For those wishing to voice their opinion on this matter, please follow the link below.

Regulations.gov

Thanks for that link. I went there and put my 2 cents worth in. Not like it will do any good but at least someone at CMS might find out that at least one agent out here is tired of them acting like idiots!

Thanks for the link... did my duty. Here is my text:

First of all, I am appalled that you do not supply a code for agents and brokers who are under regulation of these laws. It reveals a level of disrespect and confirms the lack of empathy for the sales channel you are regulating.

Secondly, making numerous changes in short order after publishing a rule indicates indecisiveness, perhaps stemming from the fact that the rule was not well thought out beforehand. This does not engender respect from the bottom up.

Thirdly, rushing to respond to politician's rhetoric close to an election is pathetic. Sen. Stark is making waves for his political gain, and in typical knee-jerk fashion decision makers issue poorly thought out responses. Where are our strong leaders?

As an agent, I spend a great deal of time studying these regulations to be compliant, and the products to master knowledge needful for the beneficiaries. I then go on numerous sales calls that result in no sales, either because the prospect is ineligible or indecisive. I am not a pushy salesman, but a professional, so if the prospect needs more time, I am glad to abide him. In these days of high fuel prices, it is costly, not to mention taking up time I could be making another sales presentation to someone else, and that possible sale.

When I was an airline captain, and if I commanded my plane like it appears CMS is operating, I would be either fired or required to undergo more training. We need to have a steady hand at the regulatory seat so we know what to plan for.

We have families to provide for, and are businessmen/women. Make a decision and stick to it.

Back