Success with Phone Sales

Phone sales and online lead development is a bit different. This book( I didnt read it) sounds like its less about Final Expense Telesales and more online marketing.

----------

Has anyone had success with selling life insurance and final expense specifically over the phone?

Yes..............................

Phone sales and online lead development is a bit different. This book( I didnt read it) sounds like its less about Final Expense Telesales and more online marketing.

----------

Yes..............................

For those looking to sell Life insurance remotely (online, over the phone) - Jeff's book is an asset.

To the OP: If you are specifically looking to sell Final Expense life insurance exclusively - I would recommend reaching out to some of the individuals who are already doing that successfully...

Has anyone had success with selling life insurance and final expense specifically over the phone?

There are alot of people who successfully sell final expense over the phone just very few on here. Since it in not the main stream way currently to sell final expense life insurance. I'd search the final expense forum on it there are several good threads about it in there.

Yes. I've been selling FE over the phone since 2005, probably longer than anyone else on this forum. It's safe to say at least 85% of my personal production since 2005 has been via tele-sales. About 3-4 years ago everyone up here was arguing with me saying FE tele-sales didn't work, and now we see more and more agents using this method. I also started selling FE in 1999 using field sales. So I have enough experience to make accurate comparisons between the 2 methods.

Tele-sales is not as easy as it sounds and is not for everyone, just like field sales is not for everyone. If you want to be successful with tele-sales you need to be very, very focused, have a lot of quality leads (TV works better than DM for tele-sales) to call, have a lot of mental toughness, and be very patient. If you're cold calling lists of suspects you'll need an even larger number of people to call.

With tele-sales the "no's" come at you faster and the "yes's" come at you faster. The best lead in my opinion for tele-sales is a live transfer where the customer is immediately transferred to an agent's phone when they call the toll free number at the bottom of their TV screen. Can't get a fresher lead because these leads are only 5 seconds old! Also eliminates calling a number 20-40 times over a 2-3 week period before you make contact.

In field sales you can stumble a little and recover simply because Ms. Jones can see your smile and feel your warmth and sincerity. In tele-sales you have to bring your "A" game because Ms. Jones can only hear your voice and can't see you, she needs a longer warm up than field sales requires, more important to get her to laugh with you, takes longer to gain her trust over the phone, and if that's not enough you have to be a pretty good closer too.

A lot of inexperienced people up here, who have never even tried FE tele-sales, talk about horrible persistancy, high replacement, etc. with tele-sales. They are so wrong. None of them have the experience or track record I have on this forum for FE tele-sales.

I do think 13th month persistency may be as much as 10% lower with tele-sales compared to field sales. I also think you will miss about one sale a week via tele-sales that you could have made face 2 face. But tele-sales eliminates driving from point A to point B (you just can't sell anything when you're driving which means this is dead time in your day). There's no fuel costs but you will miss the 50 some cents per mile tax deduction.

With tele-sales you just dial the next number and 10 sec. later you're at the next front door. Pretty quick and eliminates all the dead time driving to next lead/appointment. Tele-sales can be more profitable for a good tele-sales agent because they can write more production per hour. And some other agents will be better off staying in the field and leaving tele-sales alone.

John if this is you keep in touch. If any other agents want to call me about doing FE tele-sales with me keep in mind I only spend time with agents who can devote a full-time effort with this opportunity no exceptions and has the juice to invest $500+ every week in fresh exclusive leads. I can't put in a full time effort training an agent when that agent only returns a part-time return.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Back