Suggestions for Med Sup or Life Lead Vendors

dariuskatl

Hello friends,

I am searching for new vendors that are, dare I say...honest. I would appreciate any recommendations. I have had my run over the last few years with many of the internet lead vendors, All Web, Netquote, Insure me, Precise, etc, and it seems like every lead is sold to 8-10 agents, not the 4-5 agents they tell you. So I have avoided web leads for a while now, but am curious if any of you use any exclusive lead companies that do give you decent ROI.

I've been trying mailers, and depending on where you are targeting, the results are very different, but still seems saturated. So if I pay $25-35 for an exclusive web lead I want to know it's exclusive. I have had many web leads I paid $35 for exclusive, but when I call they say I am the 3rd-4th agent to call. I ask how many websites did you click on? and they say 1! I noticed a huge spike once they told me they also now offer shared leads. Seems like that's all I got for the last couple orders, but I paid for exclusive.

For the telemarketing companies, half of those leads are barely interested in speaking to anyone. "I told that guy I wasn't interested" is a common response. So then I wait a week for a lead credit? A couple companies I tried, same bs basically. It seems like many telemarketers are just trying to get them to say a couple interest type words, so they can deny you a lead credit request. "Oh I was just trying to get off the phone, don't call again." Another common response for telemarketing leads.

So yeah my perspective is a little jaded when dealing with lead vendors. It seems like vendors can tell us agents whatever they want, and we have no way of knowing if it's the truth or not, resold or not. Rant over, I just wanted to keep it real...If anyone out there can improve on my past luck and history dealing with lead companies, I'm all ears! lol

Thanks for any feedback!

I wont but shared, I have been using LeeCQ on this forum and I am doing 15% close ratio, I know he does FE leads as well, I know come AEP a lot of lead for follow ups will close and bring it close to 20%

For Teli Leads I have been trying fortune202 on this forum seems as good as any other except he is much cheaper,

I wont but shared, I have been using LeeCQ on this forum and I am doing 15% close ratio, I know he does FE leads as well, I know come AEP a lot of lead for follow ups will close and bring it close to 20%

For Teli Leads I have been trying fortune202 on this forum seems as good as any other except he is much cheaper,

Is 15% close ratio good for ppc leads?

Is 15% close ratio good for ppc leads?

15% is probably a low number but I will say the average commission is around $350 annual, I also know I have many set up for future sales,

Also as I start to speed it up it is starting to keep accurate track in real time is getting tough,
I have done 9 Apps this week, a couple were mail apps 1 was a decline.
I am willing to bet at the end of the year it will be over 20% for sure

All in all these are less time consuming then teli leads, I find my teli leads take much more to win over the trust issue and take much more time and finding I really have too weed out the declines a lot more.

I believe at this point I am leaning more to the internet leads then the teli, But will see I have my new batch of teli's I will give them another run, then decide

But as it looks so far, I find the internet leads much less time consuming and much more reliable, I feel I am at a point were I am doing 20 deals a month and if I let them come in faster I can do 30 or better, but before I do I have to decide if I will keep with the teli's or not

----------

The only thing that really has held me back so far from just letting em rip is 80% of the deals are supps I get paid as earned on too, I don't know how long I can run with that either, Then again sooner or later that won't matter either

Last edited:
15% is probably a low number but I will say the average commission is around $350 annual, I also know I have many set up for future sales,

Also as I start to speed it up it is starting to keep accurate track in real time is getting tough,
I have done 9 Apps this week, a couple were mail apps 1 was a decline.
I am willing to bet at the end of the year it will be over 20% for sure

All in all these are less time consuming then teli leads, I find my teli leads take much more to win over the trust issue and take much more time and finding I really have too weed out the declines a lot more.

I believe at this point I am leaning more to the internet leads then the teli, But will see I have my new batch of teli's I will give them another run, then decide

But as it looks so far, I find the internet leads much less time consuming and much more reliable, I feel I am at a point were I am doing 20 deals a month and if I let them come in faster I can do 30 or better, but before I do I have to decide if I will keep with the teli's or not

----------

The only thing that really has held me back so far from just letting em rip is 80% of the deals are supps I get paid as earned on too, I don't know how long I can run with that either, Then again sooner or later that won't matter either

Sounds like it is working out for you. 9 in a week is a great number.

Sounds like it is working out for you. 9 in a week is a great number.

Keep in mind some are mail leads some I have followed up for some time 1 is a teli lead another is a referral

You know how it goes, My point is it is getting harder to keep track of %, I say 15% because it is a ruff number, But If I really waited without getting new leads till everything is dispositioned from his lead I would say the % would be closer to 20 % plus there are AEP and retiree leads and I will close some of them at the end of the year

Last edited:
Keep in mind some are mail leads some I have followed up for some time 1 is a teli lead another is a referral

You know how it goes, My point is it is getting harder to keep track of %, I say 15% because it is a ruff number, But If I really waited without getting new leads till everything is dispositioned from his lead I would say the % would be closer to 20 % plus there are AEP and retiree leads and I will close some of them at the end of the year
The only numbers I keep track of is if I made money for the week(not including renewals of course). I don't think I have had a losing week in a long time.

The only numbers I keep track of is if I made money for the week(not including renewals of course). I don't think I have had a losing week in a long time.

I hear ya, When I first went on my own I had a good lead program with FMO ( I needed that because I was not used to buying leads) After that went I still used tere lead providers as the cost was OK and quality was decent, This year in Jan that cost went up and quality went down,

I had a rough run this year in the beginning a lot of bad lead purchases, But I think I found a good combo of lead sources hopefully it stays that way for a year or 2 before I have enough reside to take a ride like this again or learn to self generate

Back