Suggestions for Office Phone Service. Magic Jack?

Freddie

Guru
100+ Post Club
I have a land line for the office but wanted to get a VOIP phone with my internet to reduce dealing with AT&T. I tried Packet 8. I bought a D-Link router to improve the DSL signal quality. Paid for them to install and they said I did not need it. Fast foward I needed it hooked up. They wanted me to change routers and hook up the D-Link. Just a mess.

I decided to cancel Packet 8. The installer was a Vonage guy and I do not like Vonage as the founders had major SEC problems with tehir old brokerage business.

Anyway, I was thinking of Majic Jack which offers a local phone number but no long distance inbound number as far as I know. I also have my cell number.

Any suggestions? What about this Ring Central banner ad and sponsor for this web site for inbound calls. Will it work with Magic Jack?

For CRM Frank Stasny's service?

Thanks to all.

As far as I know, magic jack's caller id is not your number, just whatever number you happen to use on the outbound side.

To me, caller id is important. It's a bit of professionalism that I represent myself and my business. For personal use, it would be okay, but not for business.

Also, it sounds like you may have internet quality problems. VOIP is useless if you don't have a good solid high bandwidth connection.

Dan

As far as I know, magic jack's caller id is not your number, just whatever number you happen to use on the outbound side.
To me, caller id is important.

So how do you get it to come up on ID as Publishers Clearing House again.....

Any suggestions? What about this Ring Central banner ad and sponsor for this web site for inbound calls. Will it work with Magic Jack?

For CRM Frank Stasny's service?

Thanks to all.

I use Ringcentral and love it...I have never used it with Magic Jack and don't know why you would? You can have both incoming and outgoing from Ring Central I have it set up with 500 incoming minutes split between Toll Free number and local number if I answer local number with call controler on computer I don't use minutes..for outgoing I have unlimited calling..I love it..I can take my laptop with me and plug into highspeed internet at a hotel and my office phone calls still come to me..

I've also heard that Majik Jack is TERRIBLE. Bad sound quality all around.

Personally, I use the cable company for both and have had no problems.

I have used Packet 8...problem free...for over three years now.

I tried. I had them send out an installer. I bought a D-Link N router with QoS (?) to improve the signal.

The installer (a Vonage contractor) said I did not need it and used my crappy old Netopia from Bell South/AT&T.

I just started using it and Packet 8 said I needed to hook up the d-Link and do some reconfiguring.

Back