Suggestions Please

Jun 17, 2007

1. zort

zort New Member

I am looking for sales people.

I have tried the good ole fashioned giving out business cards. Advertising in the paper.

That hasn't worked well so far.

When people meet with me and find out that it will cost them $200 to $400 (depending on the options they chose.) to become an associate to be able to sell it, they always say no.

They get $100 per signup plus bonuses. That ranges from $20 to $50 for 3 months. Then they get a monthly check for 10% of the plan they sold for as long as the people have the plan. After five people that goes up to 12%. If they sell enough it can go as high as 22%.

When they move up in sales position you get a bonus too. Once they have sold 5 memberships they get $200. They can even get a car bonus.

So they would have to sell 2 memberships to get all of their money back if they go with the min, and 4 memberships if they go with the max.

Everyone is accepted so that isn't a problem in this case.

I am considering going to monster.com and posting. The cost was really high to me though.

What have you guys done to find sales people?

zort, Jun 17, 2007
  2. nate124

nate124 Guest

What are you selling?? What is a "membership"? It sounds like MLM when you talk about it, which these days scares people away. Regardless, it takes time and effort to find good people to work with you. Stop advertising it as a sales opportunity and start advertising it as a business opportunity. It sounds like that's what it is anyways. If you advertise for "employees" or "sales people", the people responding don't expect to have to come out of pocket at all. If you advertise for "partners" or "associates", or just plain advertise "business opportunity - low investment" you will get a better response.

Once again though, it sounds too much like an MLM advertisement and that is a hard sell no matter how "good" the product is.

nate124, Jun 17, 2007
  3. STIBROKER

STIBROKER Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,, Moderator

State:
    Texas
    he needs help selling crappy limited health plans.......I am thinking UA.......

4. Crabcake Johnny

Crabcake Johnny Guru

State:
    South Carolina
    Well if I was hiring agents I'd mention a company name.

5. STIBROKER

State:
    Texas

lets play the guessing game......

6. zort

zort New Member

The company name is IAB
    International Association of Benefits
    Been is business for 25 years

www.iabbenefits.com

zort, Jun 17, 2007
  7. Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy Guru

State:
    Georgia
    It's a discount card. I sold for them, about two years ago. Made three sales. One to a woman who was as wide as she was tall, and who had Diabetes, and the other two were strictly to get the Aetna dental. Once the work was done, they dropped it.

Not bad, not great.

As much as I hate to admit it, as an insurance agent, with all the growth in the Diabetic market, insurance companies will have to rethink their auto-declines, and start offering something different, so diabetics can get coverage.

On their application, it states in big letters, that this is not insurance, and is strictly a discount plan. Pretty upfront with what they offer. Not a bad company to work for. The commissions came kind of staggering in the beginning, but that worked itself out.

I agree with the earlier post, ask for "business partners". The person who got me involved was upfront. I didn't get a plan, but just signed up as an agent. Worked out fine, for the time I was selling it.

8. Expat

Expat Guru

State:
    Texas
    IAB

It is a discount card and not a cheap one either, you would have to be pretty desperate to buy it.
    Here is the link to their website. (saw it on another forum)

http://www.iabweb.com/williamjohnson

Expat, Jun 17, 2007
  9. STIBROKER

State:
    Texas
    there is no place in the world for this.......

10. CHUMPS FROM OXFORD

CHUMPS FROM OXFORD Guru

State:
    Ohio
    I ALWAYS warn clients about IAB, SureCare, UA and UAB. OK...UAB isn't a bad school, but I thought I would throw them in there.