Suing my insurance agent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone attacked me and with the frame of mind I am in, just flew off the handle. I don't need coverage after term runs out. To that, his "objection" was that I would need retirement income. "Objection" get it? that's how you get trained, don't you? They are not our "objections". They are our firm "No".
If they are your "firm" no, you would not buy what was being recommended.. You won't need insurance at a certain point in life? How do you know? Do you know your investment strategy si going to work? And, if it does,and you are wealthy beyond your wildest dreams, you won't need any insurance to protect your wealth from the tax man? And, if it doesn't work and you won't need any insurance to keep your family from being burdened with your final expenses..Agents sell insurance everyday at very high prices due to people's age and health that find they do need coverage at a time in their life when they were certain they would not.

If they are your "firm" no, you would not buy what was being recommended.. You won't need insurance at a certain point in life? How do you know? Do you know your investment strategy si going to work? And, if it does,and you are wealthy beyond your wildest dreams, you won't need any insurance to protect your wealth from the tax man? And, if it doesn't work and you won't need any insurance to keep your family from being burdened with your final expenses..Agents sell insurance everyday at very high prices due to people's age and health that find they do need coverage at a time in their life when they were certain they would not.
All that is fine but he didn't put me in an good permanent policy. Couple of years of not paying will ruin it. Atleast, I would be able to afford term and sleep like a baby these 20 years. that's the point.

hahaha! In your career, lawsuit is a matter of when.
Well, I may be sued tomorrow but so far in 48 years I haven't... I do wish that when people sue and do not win, they would have to pay the pendants attorney's fee plus damages to cover the defendants lost time and wages.. Sure would put a stop to a lot of frivolous lawsuits..

Exactly! And a court would ask the same question... did the complaint only come to life when the job was lost.

What I see here is a simple case. I think if it got past a good lawyer, it would go to judge and he would throw it out. Simple as that. :yes:
Nicely done!

Someone attacked me and with the frame of mind I am in, just flew off the handle. I don't need coverage after term runs out. To that, his "objection" was that I would need retirement income. "Objection" get it? that's how you get trained, don't you? They are not our "objections". They are our firm "No".

>> I am hoping some ethical and moral agent will point me in the right direction.

Your first post.

>>... frame of mind I am in, just flew off the handle.

Fair enough. If you were to read some of the threads here you would see some real arguments.

>>I don't need coverage after term runs out.

Not arguing with you. However, I have had many 20 year term plans, I wrote, term out. Some people were fine with it. Some were devastated because they still needed coverage and can now not get at ant cost. Just like you finances changed. Shit happens or it does not.

>>"Objection" get it? that's how you get trained, don't you?

Yeah, many if not most are trained to over come objections. As we mature in the business we learn what is a true No I don't want that to a Suzy or Dave said I need this. Which means they need more info. Most experienced agent will review the wants and needs of a client. review the benefits and pit fall of the solutions. Then if you say 10 year Term, I say sign here. Personally I would rather write ten year term over permanent. With Permanent I only get paid once. With Term I am going to get another bite at the apple in a few years.

>>They are our firm "No

Evidently not to firm. You signed the app including the illustration.

Take Davids advise. Do your due diligence. Unless this is a very large amount you are going to be hard pressed to find an attorney. Your hourly rate is probably lower than theirs.They are not 401Cs.

Still curious was he with World Financial Group? What company is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back