Suit Up or Dress Down?

I wore a pink shirt today with linen carpis today. My linen pants were camo. They are what I call my mullet pants. Business in the material and party in the print!!!!

All 5 people that came into my office today loved them!

Well, this is sort of a male-oriented discussion so far. I guess women have it a little easier, as our range of choices is much wider. I often dress fairly professional, but I like bright, cheerful colors, and clients respond pretty well even though I'm still a newbie. My office is very casual, some of the CSRs wear shorts, but I decided early on to be fairly dressy.

One of the agents in my office sometimes wears Hawaiian shirts on Fridays, and I notice he seems to be more at ease, and clients respond to him better because of it. I can't pull that off (or pink shirts with camo pants), but I think you could pull off something that becomes a trademark of you.

I think more than anything, people want to see/know the person in whom they are putting their trust. I sometimes trust people in suits less, especially if they give off the aura that they care most about talking you into that sale, not about what you need as a person and a client. Some people wear suits and just look really uncomfortable all the time. They aren't being themselves, and it shows. Some people are so dressed down it looks like they just don't care, and that doesn't make them trustworthy either. So, I think you should aim for the nicest you can look that still represents who you are.

I wore a pink shirt today with linen carpis today. My linen pants were camo. They are what I call my mullet pants. Business in the material and party in the print!!!!

All 5 people that came into my office today loved them!

You made an unusually large impression on one of those 5 people. Eddie took a photo of you and posted it on his "Why I love TeePee!" blog.

gaysupermanbestgaynews240.jpg

I'm the same way, I love getting suited up but I only need to wear a suit a few times a year. I usually choose to go business casual with button up tucked into dress slacks. It's casual but dressy enough to say I came for business

Back