SunAmerica Life

MutualNewGuy

Have a client who has what appears to be a small UL that is gonna explode. After AIG went under switched to SunAmerica Life. I need an in-force, anyone got the phone number to call?

phone number for what? For SunAmerica? The sales desk is (888) 502-2900 and for customer policy services, it's (800) 445-7862. One of those people should be able to tell you who you need to call but I don't really see what you are trying to do. If you want to save the policy, then you need to illustrate enough premium to keep it on the books, or perhaps liquidate if there's anything left (which I doubt since you said it was about to implode.)

Or is it possible you are in a state with a tougher replacement requirement, like New York state? It'll be tough to get an inforce on the policy just by calling an insurance company and requesting it if you aren't the agent or the client.

I'm sure ill get it if I have a release faxed from my client. I already know its not in great shape, there raising his prem. and he has little cv/small DB. The question is at 82 is is he gonna live another 10 years, if yes then the insurance would not be worth it. He has other insurances, and can't afford to buy more so 1035x to annuity/or other policy is out of the question, just doing my due diligence, hes my good friends grandfather and he asked me about it. Mass were I work has no products with DB of under 50k so kinda lost cause, unless I combine CV of his other policies which I have yet to see, or place the biz outside. Thanks for the number.

he said Small UL, probably wouldn't have too many bites for a small UL.

Which is why I said: "Depending on the face."

Everyone has a different threshold of "SMALL"

70 year old with a 50K face can be sold.

I personally consider a 50k face UL to be small, but companies will issue it. No need in letting the policy lapse. Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I suppose that is a better option than letting it lapse. I've never tried to sell a 50K policy before, I wouldn't even know who to call. I have buyers for 5M face policies all day, but 50K? I suppose it's possible, you just need to find a good buyer.

I suppose that is a better option than letting it lapse. I've never tried to sell a 50K policy before, I wouldn't even know who to call. I have buyers for 5M face policies all day, but 50K? I suppose it's possible, you just need to find a good buyer.

Coventry has a good rapid decision settlement up to 500K face. Now you know who to call. I hope this helps.

Back