Sunday Followups and Appts

mikelnix

Expert
I can't reach certain people during the week by phone or email, so I thought I would try today and you'd thought I was committing a sin! Thou shalt not call prospects about the quote I sent them on a Sunday---I must have missed that one in Catholic school! And these are not cold calls because I know better, but I wanted to find out if others have had the same reactions? I am in Georgia, but from my experience, business moves 7 days a week. I am from Chicago originally, so where I come from, people did work on Sundays. That's the bible belt for you, I guess! Am I going to hell for following up on Sundays??????:1mad:

search for Sunday calls thread, this has been gone over,

I for one, if you called me on a Sunday, I would chew your ass up and down until I got you to hang up on me.

Same goes the opposite direction, check your caller ID on Mondays, see if anyone called you. Since I work from home, I hear that line ring, and I will be damned if I let someone ruin my one day off a week.

give it a rest on Sundays.

Plus, if you work everyday, you will burn your self,

I refuse to live for work. not going to happen. Now I will add, I might do a little work on Sunday, finish some paperwork, run some reports, but I will NOT answer my phone.....

Where I am right now, its raining like there is no tomorrow, their isnt crap on TV, so I might as well do something, but I will NOT talk to a client, and yes, I already had a text from a client, and refuse to answer him,

Here is that link, its Sunday Cold Calling which I think is even worse.......http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/insurance-cold-calling-forum/sunday-cold-calling-t27325.html

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't go to hell for calling on Sundays but you might just catch it from those that answer the phone.

My personal opinion is there are 6 days per week you can try to catch me. Sunday at my house is a time for worship, family and relaxation. You won't catch me home in the mornings or the evenings and I don't want to be interrupted during the afternoon. Anyone that calls me on Sunday is not going to stand much of a chance getting an appointment, a sale or a referral .. ever! :no:

I will not call anyone on Sunday concerning business, unless they ask me to.

I will send emails. I will answer emails, texts, and messages if someone contacts me.

I guess you can say I am "reactive" mode on Sunday, but never in "proactive" mode.

Works fine for me.

I will not call anyone on Sunday concerning business, unless they ask me to.

I will send emails. I will answer emails, texts, and messages if someone contacts me.

I guess you can say I am "reactive" mode on Sunday, but never in "proactive" mode.

Works fine for me.

I don't mind emails.. They're not intrusive.. I can look at them at my leisure..But I would prefer a 'solicitor" not call or text on Sunday.

I frequently follow up on Sundays....Everyones religion is different...I certainly learned that when a large portion of my wifes family refused to attend our Saturday afternoon wedding (nor send a gift :( ).

Matter of fact earlier today I was with my kids at my parents house but pulled out my cell and called a client I need to delivery a policy to. I was driving right by her work tomorrow for other business and I was going to at least try and reach her to deliver the policy. I reached her on the phone and set up a 5 minute policy delivery for Monday.

The bigger issue for me on Sundays has not been to be chewed out based on religion but instead based on a football game. I do not call until the afternoon when most people have finished worship and I always call my Monday appointments Sunday to confirm. I live in a state where driving an 1 hour one way is not uncommon and I want to know as early as possible if the client needs to reschedule.

When I was at AIL we'd all book our appointments on Sundays and occasionally had someone upset, but we were calling on lead cards so it wasn't as big of a deal as a straight cold call. Personally I try to avoid doing business on Sunday, but there are plenty of people who don't care. Even if someone called me up to f/u on something I sent them, as long as it wasn't during church services, I don't know that it'd be a big deal even at that as long as they were being nice. I can't imagine saying:

"What the f*** is your problem!?! I'M TRYING TO WORSHIP JESUS!!!", seems like a bit of a disconnect.

I don't like to do business on Sundays and I would be pissed off if any salesman called me on a Sunday... It shows that he is not respectful of my time and is focused on his agenda.
Confirm your Monday appointments on Friday
with a call and email. If they need to reschedule they will let you know. If a significant claim happens on a weekend I will get involved but otherwise I try not to impose on the little family time I have. I am in Northern CA so I don't think it is a regional thing. Call a Greek or Italian Family on Sunday afternoon in Chicago or NY and see what kind of a response you get.

Back