supartz

can anyone confirm if Supartz is covered under Medicare Part B?

Just as Travis stated, typically if it's medically necessary and administered by a medical professional, then it is covered under Part B. In these situations, I typically advise the client to speak with the doctor's office as they have likely been through this process before and know what it takes to make sure it is covered by Part B.

With that said, I had a client who got a knee injection (not with Supartz, but I can't remember the name of the medication). The doctors office sent the prescription to the pharmacy and had the client pick it up and bring it to the office. This meant that she was paying for the medication it under Part D (if memory serves me correctly her copay was over $400) and the actual injection procedure was covered under Part B. I advised her to find another doctor.

I never, ever tell a client if a claim will be paid or whether it is Part B or Part D. Easy way to test your E&O.

Give them the parameters, and a link if you have one, then tell them to discuss with their provider.

I never, ever tell a client if a claim will be paid or whether it is Part B or Part D. Easy way to test your E&O.

Give them the parameters, and a link if you have one, then tell them to discuss with their provider.

What’s E&O?

Back