Super Bowl: Wagering Insurance Commissioners?

Brian Anderson

Executive Editor
100+ Post Club
We’re a little excited here in Denver for this weekend’s Super Bowl between the Broncos and Panthers, hoping Peyton can put the dream ending to his career with a championship a la John Elway.

Every year you hear about the Super Bowl wagers between mayors or governors, but this year was a new one on me: State Insurance Commissioners making a friendly wager? What’s next – State DMV Directors betting each other?

If the Panthers win, Colorado Insurance Commissioner Marguerite Salazar will owe North Carolina Insurance Commissioner Wayne Goodwin Colorado elk tenderloin, whiskey and toffee. If the Broncos win, Goodwin owes Salazar North Carolina barbecue, craft beer and Cheerwine soda.

I’m not taking any bets, but my prediction goes Broncos 27, Panthers 20. Defense wins championships! (Predict at least 7 of Carolina’s points come off a pick-six or Manning fumble, but Denver D forces Cam into some costly mistakes as well)

Any other predictions out there?

We’re a little excited here in Denver for this weekend’s Super Bowl between the Broncos and Panthers, hoping Peyton can put the dream ending to his career with a championship a la John Elway.

Every year you hear about the Super Bowl wagers between mayors or governors, but this year was a new one on me: State Insurance Commissioners making a friendly wager? What’s next – State DMV Directors betting each other?

If the Panthers win, Colorado Insurance Commissioner Marguerite Salazar will owe North Carolina Insurance Commissioner Wayne Goodwin Colorado elk tenderloin, whiskey and toffee. If the Broncos win, Goodwin owes Salazar North Carolina barbecue, craft beer and Cheerwine soda.

I’m not taking any bets, but my prediction goes Broncos 27, Panthers 20. Defense wins championships! (Predict at least 7 of Carolina’s points come off a pick-six or Manning fumble, but Denver D forces Cam into some costly mistakes as well)

I'm rooting for denver, but your statement of defense wins championships can also apply to Panthers D too - they did almost as food as Denvers. Denver has allowed over 7 yds. Per rush on a qb but also did well with putting pressure on qbs. If wade Phillips can be creative with the containing cam, then Denver wins. It'll be a great game. I placed a bet Denver +7. We'll see what happens!

We’re a little excited here in Denver for this weekend’s Super Bowl between the Broncos and Panthers, hoping Peyton can put the dream ending to his career with a championship a la John Elway. Every year you hear about the Super Bowl wagers between mayors or governors, but this year was a new one on me: State Insurance Commissioners making a friendly wager? What’s next – State DMV Directors betting each other? If the Panthers win, Colorado Insurance Commissioner Marguerite Salazar will owe North Carolina Insurance Commissioner Wayne Goodwin Colorado elk tenderloin, whiskey and toffee. If the Broncos win, Goodwin owes Salazar North Carolina barbecue, craft beer and Cheerwine soda. I’m not taking any bets, but my prediction goes Broncos 27, Panthers 20. Defense wins championships! (Predict at least 7 of Carolina’s points come off a pick-six or Manning fumble, but Denver D forces Cam into some costly mistakes as well) Any other predictions out there?

The panthers have just been playing out of their minds all season. Denver's D won't be able to stop Cam ... Even though I would like the Broncos to win!

Final score - Panthers 31 - Broncos 17

I wouldn't bet against the Panthers, but I'll be rooting for The Broncos. I've always been a big fan of Peyton, and Archie before him. I'd love to see Peyton go out a winner! Wish he was closer to his prime.

Panthers 7, Broncos 0, any score change and call it a win for me.

I would love to see Manning win another but Cam is ready to step in.

Cam has had a dynamite year. The Broncos have shown this year that Peyton doesn't have to have a good game for them to win. He probably should've retired last year.

Back