Superior Access

Also, I used to work for the largest online insurance agency. I also used to work for the company that we all came from prior to that online insurance agency starting up. We're experts at providing multiple quotes in one phone call. We invented that.

That company invented providing multiple quotes in one phone call? Have they met Al Gore?

Most, and notice I say most, commercial customers shop a month or more out before renewal. Commercial can be made up of several different components and sometimes it can take more than 24 hours. A standard BOP usually doesn't take too long. Where it may cost you a client is when someone needs it right now but as a general rule most owners like to have something in place days if not weeks prior to renewal so most of the time you should have a little time. Business owners know if you shop several carriers it can take a few days if not a week to get the quote. If an underwriter is really swamped they may even tell you they can't get to it if you expect it back in 24 hours. Just my observation.

I am an independent insurance agent, which by the way this forum helped me a lot when I was getting started a year ago. I was recommended to go through Superior Access insurance, because I am still kind of new it is still hard to get appointments with some companys, I am renewing my e&o with higher limits which should help, but does anybody know how Superior access work, I know they charge a fee, is it worth it? I know I had seen a thread about Superior , but I can't find it, any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

What type of carriers are you wishing to appoint with?

Superior Access Takes To Long To Process Apps Is There Anyone Better Than Superior In Processing And Binding That Is Simialar To Them

Try Agent Secure or Iroquois Group
Not sure about the binding with Agent Secure but Iroquois allows binding, but there is a volume requirement.

Try Agent Secure or Iroquois Group
Not sure about the binding with Agent Secure but Iroquois allows binding, but there is a volume requirement.

I had very bad experience with agent secure on commercial lines.I myself made an arrangement with an agency to write with them .I recommend do the same or try insurance noodle.

Hey guys,

Yes I know that there is more than a few topics on this subject but I want to ask for myself. Ok so here is whats going on: I opened my agency a couple months ago. I've been able to get direct carrier appointments with a few sub standard carriers. I've been trying to get appointed (if that's even what it's called) with a wholesaler for BOP and other commercial stuff. I'm tired of carrier reps being super rude whenever I call.Even after the wholesaler rep told me she would appoint me, she never returns my calls or responds my emails. I mean WTH?! So I'm about to just sign up for Superior Access. Please give me your honest opinions on them and don't tell me to go look at past posts because I already looked but I'm still not sure what to do.....I know that getting appointments is like less than half the work of running an agency. It just sucks (for the lack of a better word) to have potential clients come in and leave because I couldn't beat their rate (even though I always tell them to look at coverage first then price..but you guys know how it is lol). Thoughts???

Use either Superior or Insurance Noodle for now, continue working on your direct appointments. You'll need to do this to survive.

Long term, places like Superior are not that great for the bulk of your business, but they definitely help round out carriers you don't have directly. Short term, they will give you a place to put your standard/preferred business until you get direct appointments.

Pretty simple. Just don't plan on using them for everything for very long.

Dan

Use either Superior or Insurance Noodle for now, continue working on your direct appointments. You'll need to do this to survive.

Long term, places like Superior are not that great for the bulk of your business, but they definitely help round out carriers you don't have directly. Short term, they will give you a place to put your standard/preferred business until you get direct appointments.

Pretty simple. Just don't plan on using them for everything for very long.

Dan

Thank you, that's good advice right there :). A really good thing is that they have a 30 free trial! Should I go for the lesser priced option or the more expensive one? With the more expesive option the commissions are higher....

Back