Supplemental Plan for EPO Coverage While Traveling

leonard

Expert
Anyone know of a supplemental plan available to add on to a health plan, to cover out-of-state emergency expenses? Only plans available in this area are EPO with only emergency room coverage available if out of the local area. {if hospitalized after an out-of-state emergency, no coverage. zero.}

I am an agent, but if there is a decent plan, i am open to buying it from you.

I'd have to see that ability to exclude emergency coverage for out of network in writing. It is federal law that coverage for emergencies are covered as in network on all types of insurance.

re: squaremouth

Allen, thanks. i called them and plans that cover domestic and unlimited trips [otherwise u have to call and buy if u just decide to go out of town at the last minute] are limited to 50,000 or 100,000 maximum

----------

I'd have to see that ability to exclude emergency coverage for out of network in writing. It is federal law that coverage for emergencies are covered as in network on all types of insurance.

I think perhaps they are getting around that by providing "emergency room" coverage. That does not help much if something major happens, and ou have to be hospitalized

Back