Supps + Medicaid

New kid

Expert
New agent here. Prospect has Medicare + Medicaid (with $260/mo spend+down with her husband) and she is looking to get Medicare Supp. How supplement works with Medicaid?
Thank you

I had an agent report me years ago for selling a supp to a medicaid recipient. Make sure that the cost of the supp doesn't mess with their medicaid eligibility

I had an agent report me years ago for selling a supp to a medicaid recipient. Make sure that the cost of the supp doesn't mess with their medicaid eligibility

Report you what for?

How would it affect eligibility they would not add income?

I do have a couple with medsupp and Medicaid, They are strictly referrals, I don't seek it or pitch it, They wanted med supp specifically to see non-medicaid doctors and facilities

My client never stated that he was receiving medicaid but I was still reported to my agency for selling a medicaid recipient a medicare supplement because if he could afford the monthly cost he had enough to not qualify for medicaid

$260 is a big spend down. If one or both don't qualify for a med sup, then sell them dental/vision/hearing. Or, upgrade to a more expensive Part D.

Back