Surprise! Walmart Health Plan is Cheaper, Offers More Coverage Than Obamacare

STIBROKER

Like My post and enter the DRAWING,,,,
Texas
Surprise! Walmart health plan is cheaper, offers more coverage than Obamacare | WashingtonExaminer.com

For many years, the giant discount retailer has been the target of unions and liberal activists who have harshly criticized the company's health care plans, calling them “notorious for failing to provide health benefits” and "substandard.”
But a Washington Examiner comparison of the two health insurance programs found that Walmart's plan is more affordable and provides significantly better access to high-quality medical care than Obamacare.

This is one of those articles where you just want to slap the stupid off the reporter.

And if agents can't figure out why I wrote that, you should slap the stupid out of your own heads too.

The guy is comparing group with individual and makes no mention of employer contribution towards cost. You could plug Boeing, Microsoft and other companies and get a similar "story" .

The Walmart plan DOESN'T COST $40 PER EMPLOYEE. THAT IS THE EMPLOYEE PORTION. The premium is greater than that and to put this out as an attack on the ACA only works with people who can't or won't think.

Look I don't like the ACA more than anybody else on this forum. But attacking it with stupid is not a solution, it just weakens the argument against the ACA as it makes us look like we don't understand the concept.

Sorry, just venting a bit and my remarks aren't directed at anybody personally. Just a vent.

This is one of those articles where you just want to slap the stupid off the reporter.

And if agents can't figure out why I wrote that, you should slap the stupid out of your own heads too.

The guy is comparing group with individual and makes no mention of employer contribution towards cost. You could plug Boeing, Microsoft and other companies and get a similar "story" .

The Walmart plan DOESN'T COST $40 PER EMPLOYEE. THAT IS THE EMPLOYEE PORTION. The premium is greater than that and to put this out as an attack on the ACA only works with people who can't or won't think.

Look I don't like the ACA more than anybody else on this forum. But attacking it with stupid is not a solution, it just weakens the argument against the ACA as it makes us look like we don't understand the concept.

Sorry, just venting a bit and my remarks aren't directed at anybody personally. Just a vent.

My thoughts exactly. The reporter has no clue what he's talking about. Apples and oranges.

A simpler quicker way to get the point across about the ACA is that it makes everybody have to buy and pay for a $100 deductible for their cars. They can't have the $500 deductible, even though they can "afford" to cover the deductible difference in premium savings.

And because they are extra careful about their driving habits, chances are good they will be able to save that premium difference between a $100 and $500 deductible.

The plan design is what makes the ACA bad. They have made it so people shouldn't go bankrupt from a claim, but they might be bankrupt from paying premiums.

If they want this to work they will get off the 6350 cap.

More words than I intended but damn this shite is irritating.

Everybody knows that Walmart is always cheaper. Is this health coverage imported from China?

Don't be silly xrac, you can't import coverage! You import/offshore/outsource the doctors and the drugs, the customer service, the billing, the administration, collections, the legal department, accounting, marketing, printing, actuaries, and anything else you can.

The accountant in the next booth at....drumroll.....WalMart gave me a copy of that article yesterday. She also told me some wild prophecies that are about to come true regarding the end of the world. Wow, just wow....

She said she would send me folks for subsidy determination, doesn't want to spend unpaid time doing the process with clients, which her company has said they should/can do, short of being a navigator, sending them to HC.gov. Maybe I can build enough rapport to slow down her constant ranting about O'care...but yesterday, I spent most of my time there selling policies to recent T65's, so whatever.

Somarco, I have a prospect who loves the idea of the quote for Bronze plan at $2.15/mo for $6,000 deductible vs. $149 for $1,500 ded. Owes well into 5 figures for recent surgeries while uninsured....and I'm sure I missed your irony...

Last edited:
Back