SURVEY: Why Do You Like "Life Insurance?"

TonyC

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am TAKIN a poll on the pros and cons of selling each type of insurance.

I thought it would be good information to share and help agents to better enjoy what they are doing and learn the both the pros and cons of each.

Please...add your 2 cents in a constructive way...or if you can't be positive...give us your negative view without bashing the industry (if possible).

PROS: Life insurance is an in-demand product for people who need to protect their assets and families in case of dire consequences. IT IS also used to protect business and secure business loans and therefore a necessary tool for business as well.

Most ppl are advised by their CPA or Bank relation manager...or they JUST KNOW..they need the product.

$: Life is a good comm. product...that that pays me anywhere from 40-90% comm.

CONS: Life Ins. has a stigma associated with it that is often the brunt of bad jokes. Some spouses or business partners have been convicted of MURDER over life insurance proceeds...(sad but true).

~T

Pros: Life insurance (Fixed & indexed) are stable products that can help manage client expectations (compared to securities).

Only life insurance can do what life insurance does.

Yes, you can make a great life while making a great living.

Cons: Many training programs will either make the life insurance sale too complex... or make you look like Ned Ryerson. One would think that companies that have been around for over 100 years would have figured out the hiring, training and retention aspect of the business. Therefore, it's usually left up to the agent to figure out how to sell it, and by then, they'll probably give up.

MLM-type companies bastardize what great life insurance agents do by focusing on recruiting and "building downlines".

I like it because it is an unselfish purchase by our clients, who stand to gain nothing from the Term & GUL products I sell, and it's bought because they love their spouse, children or business. Take that, people who lump us together with used car salesmen!

Pros- rewarding feeling of knowing that you are there to protect their family if something bad happens to the insured.
Easy to sell ( at least to people that care about their dependents)
Good commissions

Cons- hard to reach prospects if they don't have core beliefs
Suzy orman

Great post KBass! I totally agree, especially the "con."

TonyC, twice you have said you are taking a poll but there is no poll posted?

Maybe everyone else sees it except you and I. And he just does not like us. :frown:

So what are you guys saying...that a poll has to have a vote button?

All kinds of polls guys....this one is an opinion poll.

Get it?

:twitchy:

Back