SW Life Ins

Colorado Newbie

Super Genius
Kenai, AK
anyone here ever hear of Southwestern Life Insurance Company? My parents had a whole life policy from them since 1959 and they just noticed that the premiums are no longer being withdrawn.

Any idea whats up with these guys?

thanks!

Maybe this information will help. Based on this information I would call Valley Forge.

Jan 19, 2007

OLDWICK, N.J. -- A.M. Best Co. has withdrawn the financial strength rating (FSR) of A- (Excellent) and the issuer credit rating (ICR) of "a-" and assigned an NR-5 (Not Formally Followed) to Southwestern Life Insurance Company (Southwestern) (Dallas, TX), a subsidiary of Swiss Re Life & Health America Inc. (Swiss Re Life America) (Armonk, NY). Effective December 28, 2006, Southwestern was merged into Valley Forge Life Insurance Company (Indiana), another subsidiary of Swiss Re Life America.
Swiss Re Life America has an FSR of A+ (Superior) and an ICR of "aa-". The FSR has a stable outlook, while the ICR has a negative one. Swiss Re Life America's FSR, ICR and outlooks are reflective of its ultimate parent, Swiss Reinsurance Company (Switzerland).

A.M. Best Withdraws Ratings of Southwestern Life Insurance Company Due To Merger | Business Wire | Find Articles at BNET

Anyone know if they are still in business? the phone number we have for them is an answering machine for some random guy

It's now Reassure America Life Insurance Company. There's a toll-free number you can call for information(1-800-792-4368)...You have to have the policy # and the social security # of the owner of the policy to verify coverage. If that won't work they have reps. you can talk to. I use to write for them. Never any problems paying claims......

Back