Sweet Spot for Med Supp Prospecting

If you were looking to hone in on the sweet spot age (or range) that provides a decent commission, but are still healthy enough to pass uw. 68-70?

Appreciate any opinions

That's a good question. I haven't found a sweet spot in age where people seem to be healthier and I'm not sure there is one. I like the commission on age 75 plus though. It's nice we don't get a commish cut here above 80 like most states...

That's a good question. I haven't found a sweet spot in age where people seem to be healthier and I'm not sure there is one. I like the commission on age 75 plus though. It's nice we don't get a commish cut here above 80 like most states...

There is absolutely without a doubt a strong positive correlation between health and age.

The sweet spot seems to be 70-75. Still healthy and no longer eligible for what AARP laughingly calls their premium discount. They are now well into the planned rate increase from UHC.

Plus, by that age they are more likely to be open to save money than those who recently retired and have yet to spend all their savings.

Rick

i like 66-69, most are still going to qualify.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The sweet spot seems to be 70-75. Still healthy and no longer eligible for what AARP laughingly calls their premium discount. They are now well into the planned rate increase from UHC.

Plus, by that age they are more likely to be open to save money than those who recently retired and have yet to spend all their savings.

Rick

haha good call with UHC/aarp!

Last edited:
If you were looking to hone in on the sweet spot age (or range) that provides a decent commission, but are still healthy enough to pass uw. 68-70?

68 to 74.
Why? The 68 year old's know exactly how Medicare works by now. They're also frustrated with the two or three rate increases they have experienced. The education needed vs. a T-65 is between 5% to 10% as opposed to someone brand new to Medicare.

On the high end, here's a graph that illustrates my point about moving past 75. While this particular graph is from Canada, I've found that when we hit 75, the likelihood of a chronic illness or one that will decline them is far greater.

Age-Figure1.gif

Age-Figure2.jpg

I agree and prefer 68-70. they are still young enough to be able to easily and quickly go over the plan differences, but don't require the full education of part a, b, and d.

68 to 74.
Why? The 68 year old's know exactly how Medicare works by now. They're also frustrated with the two or three rate increases they have experienced. The education needed vs. a T-65 is between 5% to 10% as opposed to someone brand new to Medicare.

On the high end, here's a graph that illustrates my point about moving past 75. While this particular graph is from Canada, I've found that when we hit 75, the likelihood of a chronic illness or one that will decline them is far greater.

Age-Figure1.gif

Age-Figure2.jpg

Back