Switching from Paper Applications to Electronic Applications. Is There an Easy Way?

adamsagency

Expert
I've upgraded our site and would now like to have online apps for home owners and auto insurance. Right now, there are about 2 - 4 pages of paper applications that potential customers need to fill out. Is there anyway I can make them electronic?

Thanks.

one of my goals this year is to embrace tech
No clue about auto and home
I Have a few companys that offer Life plans that way

Hi Folks, new here but have been lurking a year plus...

Don't know about web site apps but maybe this will help some folks...

I made the transition to Computer Apps for FE in 2014. For me, it required Adobe Professional software -- I scanned my apps and required forms from all my carriers. Adobe software allows me to type on the forms. I "pre-filled" all the med questions so it would speed up the interview process (only changing the yes or no answers) also entered my agent writing numbers, etc.

I carry a Dell 2-in-1 notebook along with a Cannon Pixma wireless printer to print signature pages and client forms on the spot.

Is this process faster than paper??? I don't think so and is sometimes cumbersome. Often, I have to set the printer on the floor in a client's home due to no table (or the table is full of junk). Also, sitting on the clients front porch taking an app becomes difficult in the wind and seeing the notebook screen in the sun is nearly impossible.

But it does offer advantages. I don't have to go out to the car to get additional apps if I mess up or don't have the correct app with me. Changes are much easier to make, no client initialing. I have ancillary product apps with me when the rare occasion to cross sell rises. The computer apps are easier to fax and I store everything on the cloud (except Med Scopes). I virtually have no filing system in my office as everything is on the cloud.

With my investment in my "traveling office" I would not return to paper. But, if you are not computer savvy or if you are expecting to have a faster client interview you are going to be disappointed. For me, it works.

Hope my first post helps!

FEChaser

Back