Switching Mentors

ColdSlam49

Hi so I was looking for some insight regarding how to exit the relationship with the manager who interviewed and took me on.

I really like the office and the people who work there, but the manager who im under me offers very little in support in relation to some of the other newbies. There are a team of managers but the one i work under cant close a door and got me a contract thats alright but the way he went about it trying to get me to sign it without looking at it or taking it home rubbed me the wrong way.

Im doing well but only because im working my natural market but when that well runs out i'll have to work the phone and dont see much upside to sticking with this guy.

I guess the question im asking is can i switch the overrides from the person im under to someone else? Can the GA do that? Im not familiar how it works but would ideally want someone more competent to work with who also has a vested interest in me.

First, managers are very different from mentors. (Is it me, or do most agency managers seem to be on a form of 'corporate welfare'? I wonder if there's a good manager out there... somewhere? Not that I'd work under a manager again, but I'm curious.)

I don't see how you can change managers without making it 'weird' in your office.

In my opinion, the best way to fire your manager... is to leave the entire office and company to become an independent agent. If you're not ready to do that just yet, then I'd just "stick it out".

First, managers are very different from mentors. (Is it me, or do most agency managers seem to be on a form of 'corporate welfare'? I wonder if there's a good manager out there... somewhere? Not that I'd work under a manager again, but I'm curious.)

I don't see how you can change managers without making it 'weird' in your office.

In my opinion, the best way to fire your manager... is to leave the entire office and company to become an independent agent. If you're not ready to do that just yet, then I'd just "stick it out".
I posed this concern to a friend and they told me it would be best to stick it out as well. Fortunately i do like the office so i'll just hang in there. Thx for the response

They sure don't make Managers/Mentors like they used to anymore...
mr-fuji-2-1478268303-800.png

Latest posts

Back