Symmetry Financial

TIm Deyton

Hi all. I am new to the business and new to forum. Thanks for letting me be a part.

I passed the SC state license exam on Friday and have applied for my license. I expect it in a few days. My previous conversations have been with a Symmetry agency owner. I have also spoken with another "company" about representing their products. They are almost doubling the commission rates of Symmetry's entry level commissions.

In addition to my concerns over commissions, I am concerned about purchasing bad leads from Symmetry based upon some previous complaints on this forum.

So...any suggestions about moving ahead? Any companies that I should check out? Thanks in advance. TD

Hi all. I am new to the business and new to forum. Thanks for letting me be a part.

I passed the SC state license exam on Friday and have applied for my license. I expect it in a few days. My previous conversations have been with a Symmetry agency owner. I have also spoken with another "company" about representing their products. They are almost doubling the commission rates of Symmetry's entry level commissions.

In addition to my concerns over commissions, I am concerned about purchasing bad leads from Symmetry based upon some previous complaints on this forum.

So...any suggestions about moving ahead? Any companies that I should check out? Thanks in advance. TD

Tim I would start with Todd King Insurance Marketing, 360 FInancial Group, and FexContracting (my agency) if you are going to be doing Face to face FE sales. The questions you want to ask of any agency are:

1. You need the commission levels (1st year and renewal in print, never verbal)
2. How will they train you? Can you sit in one one of their training calls and have access to ask questions of their top producers as well as newer agents?
3. How much will NEW direct mail leads in your area cost? Not aged leads, recycled leads, tele-leads, Facebook leads, etc. Those are all fine but Direct mail is still king.
4. WIll the leads you buy and pay for EVER be resold? (The answer you are looking for is - no)
5. Will they release you if you decide to move on? The answer you are looking for is - yes. All three of the agencies I named will release you.
6. Can you speak with several of their agents they trained before contracting. (Always important.) The more you speak with the better.
7. Speak with the regional reps for several of their main insurance companies. Are they doing well for the carriers? DO they have placement and persistancy better than industry averages? Do the carriers recommend them?

Like anything, measure twice, cut once.

NO one has leads or training that would make up for a 50% cut in commissions. Or even a 10% cut. Cash flow is a huge part of your first year struggles.

I also started with Symmetry. If I knew then what I know now, I never would have signed up. To put it blunt, they are making really crappy offers that new agents take because they don't know there are better options out there. By the time an agent does find out they're being ripped off on commissions, they will have to go 6 months without writing any business before they can move to a new IMO.

So do your homework. Some companies will guarantee a release up front if you decide you want to change IMOs. These are the only outfits I would consider working with. Some of the more active posters here have some excellent offers which include good training and leads. I would recommend spending some time in the forums and you'll see the better options.

Back