T-65 Letters

ChrisN19

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
My FMO provides access to T-65 lists at no cost so I am working on a letter to send to those in my area. I know there are other options such as lead mailers and the like but I would prefer to draft my own version of a letter, plus I honestly do not want to have to buy the mailers since I have a T-65 list already. Does anyone have a sample T-65 letter that they would mind sharing with me. I am having a bit of trouble developing good wording for the letter. I would greatly appreciate any help from you guys/gals!

My FMO provides access to T-65 lists at no cost so I am working on a letter to send to those in my area. I know there are other options such as lead mailers and the like but I would prefer to draft my own version of a letter, plus I honestly do not want to have to buy the mailers since I have a T-65 list already. Does anyone have a sample T-65 letter that they would mind sharing with me. I am having a bit of trouble developing good wording for the letter. I would greatly appreciate any help from you guys/gals!

It is my opinion that you will get a very low response rate on those. I would guess about 0 out of 100 will respond. You should either cold call them or DK them.

I hope someone else with experience using these types of letters, comes and lets us know I am wrong on this.

I know there are other options such as lead mailers and the like but I would prefer to draft my own version of a letter, plus I honestly do not want to have to buy the mailers since I have a T-65 list already.
Unless you've got lots and lots of dollars to mail many tens of thousands of pieces, you're wasting your time. The United Healthcares/Blue Crosses, etc. of the world will blow you clean out of the water. They already are.

Part of the reason that I considered doing it this way is that others have mentioned that they have had better response by doing this instead of the generic mailers. 0 out of 100 seems a bit pessimistic, but who knows. I am just trying to find new ways to generate and expand business. We are in a small town and door knocking is not always the best option here, another reason that I was considering letters.

It is my opinion that you will get a very low response rate on those. I would guess about 0 out of 100 will respond. You should either cold call them or DK them.

I hope someone else with experience using these types of letters, comes and lets us know I am wrong on this.

I dont think you are wrong. I have had more luck with a carrier flyer with my info when it comes to T65. And that I will only mail locally. Cold call or DK would prob be your best bet. T65s get hammered with mail.

Last edited:
Unless you've got lots and lots of dollars to mail many tens of thousands of pieces, you're wasting your time. The United Healthcares/Blue Crosses, etc. of the world will blow you clean out of the water. They already are.

And they might very well do so. I am not looking to drop thousands of pieces; several of these letters go to people that I either know or have met at some point in the past. I am thinking that getting a letter from a name or an agency that they are familiar with or recognize might be effective. maybe?

It's been my experience that you will do OK-just OK. And if you are not doing thousands, utilizing bulk mail rates, then you are wasting your time and money.

And they might very well do so. I am not looking to drop thousands of pieces; several of these letters go to people that I either know or have met at some point in the past. I am thinking that getting a letter from a name or an agency that they are familiar with or recognize might be effective. maybe?

I admire you for trying to think outside the box, unfortunately you are still in the box.

Go talk to one of these T-65s that you personally know. Ask them to keep their mail for a week, all of it. If not that, take a picture, count it, etc. Then separate out all the Medicare pieces.

I'm willing to bet your letter would get lost in the mix due to all the mail they get.

Vol
I actually have talked to a couple of folks in the last few days that said that they really did not get what they considered to be a ton of Medicare related mail leading up to 65, with the exception of Humana which seems to market heavily in this area and that is confusing in itself since their rates are really not competitive at all.

Step 2.

Send them a letter. Don't tell them you are sending a letter, but send basically what you want to send to prospects.

Wait a week or so and then ask them about the letter you sent. I would pick a few and don't just pick the people who open everything. How many will even remember the letter?

Back