T-65 Telemarketing Scirpt

Hello All... I am in the process of offering MA & MA-PD to the "turning" 65 market. Does anyone have any ideas on a good script to use?.. thanks in advance

If you will search the forum, you will find a lot of posts regarding this item. Bottom line is: if you are marketing MA plans, you MUST use a CMS-approved script. This MUST be obtained from the MAO. Even if you were to develop your own script to submit to CMS for approval, if you speak directly about a specific plan, it must go through that carrier's approval process. I have been laboring with this for several months, myself.

If it will help, UHC's broker portal has the best offering I have seen. They really do have everything one needs for THEIR products. Other MAOs range from mediocre to non-existant with available scripts.

If you will search the forum, you will find a lot of posts regarding this item. Bottom line is: if you are marketing MA plans, you MUST use a CMS-approved script. This MUST be obtained from the MAO. Even if you were to develop your own script to submit to CMS for approval, if you speak directly about a specific plan, it must go through that carrier's approval process. I have been laboring with this for several months, myself.

If it will help, UHC's broker portal has the best offering I have seen. They really do have everything one needs for THEIR products. Other MAOs range from mediocre to non-existant with available scripts.

Thanks for reply, however I am not appointed with UHC, so I don't think I would be able to login to their broker portal.

Hello All... I am in the process of offering MA & MA-PD to the "turning" 65 market. Does anyone have any ideas on a good script to use?.. thanks in advance

I think you will be disappointed with the turning 65 market.

I have always had much better success contacting people 67 to 78.

Frank, are a lot of 65s & 66s still working and on group plans? Is that the reason you suppose?

No. It is something that I have never been able to "pin down" to an exact reason. For the most part they seem to think that they can make that decision on their own.

I have tried numerous times to market to turning 65 using several different approaches and each time it has proved to be way too time consuming for the results I have received.

So now I leave them to make their own decisions, almost always the wrong ones, and then when they finally are willing to listen to reason I contact them. That usually seems to be around 67.

Each time I have tried, turning 65 has been a waste of time. The only turning 65 I write are referrals. Lately I have been getting the children of people I wrote several years ago who are now going on Medicare.

It's kind of cool to have both the parents and their "kids" as clients.

No. It is something that I have never been able to "pin down" to an exact reason. For the most part they seem to think that they can make that decision on their own.

I have tried numerous times to market to turning 65 using several different approaches and each time it has proved to be way too time consuming for the results I have received.

So now I leave them to make their own decisions, almost always the wrong ones, and then when they finally are willing to listen to reason I contact them. That usually seems to be around 67.

Each time I have tried, turning 65 has been a waste of time. The only turning 65 I write are referrals. Lately I have been getting the children of people I wrote several years ago who are now going on Medicare.

It's kind of cool to have both the parents and their "kids" as clients.
I agree with Frank Johnson! (Blazing Saddles referebce).

I'm only households with wome ages 70-77. They have received a bunch of increases in their med supps over the years and are receptive to other offers. T-65 for me is a waste of time.

However, I'm not as old as Frank so I'm not yet writing Medicare plans on my clients' children. (not the proper punctuation on "children".)

Rick

Back