T-Mobile

fostever

Guru
100+ Post Club
Chicago
I'm currently with T-mobile for my cell and am looking to get set up with a land line for internet sales. They are offering in conjunction with my cell plan a $10/month home phone with unlimited local and long distance calling with all the extras included. I'm on month to month now and shopping plans. Does anyone here have any experience with this as far as connection and sound quality goes? It has a router box that hooks up to high speed internet so I'm kind of hesitant considering it involves a 2 year agreement. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

I have been with Vonage for 2 years and it works great. My Internet went down twice and my calls were forwarded automatically to my cell. You will need High Speed Internet access. It has so many features I couldn't list them all.

Fostever, I suggest you go to the thread titled "VOIP for business." Then look at post #32 by djs (Dan). He give a comprehensive critique of T-Mobile $10 land line system.

BTW, VOIP=Voice Over Internet Protocol.

Except displaying your name on the caller ID when you call someone.

I have noticed that sometimes it displays and sometimes it doesn't. I call my wife on her cell and it displays- go figure. I asked about that and they said they are working on it (I won't hold my breath) After I don't reach someone a few times, I try *67 them to hide my number since it looks like it is out of state and I reach some like that.

I do like the audio file they email me though when someone leaves me a voicemail.

I asked about that and they said they are working on it (I won't hold my breath)

They were working on it in 2002 as well when I asked them.

Also you need to be aware of how 911 works on VOIP, it could be a matter of life and death - make sure your physical address is up to date with them.

Back