T65 MA App Question?

If you used the initial election period (ICEP/IEP), it is a one time election and cannot be used again. Your client can cancel or may have other elections available to them such as the OEPnew or a SEP.

I had a similar case several years ago. I thought the same thing as Lundy42.

However, the election hasn't been "used" until the policy goes into effect.

So the last app still wins.

Always good to have to make the client call and cancel
I never do that. On the chance there is some problem in getting the new enrollment issued I don’t want the client without either. By letting CMS notify the plan they’re leaving after the new one is approved the client is assured no break in coverage.

This. You get one change. As in when it’s active you are stuck

Let me fix this for y'all -- this applies to the months leading up to age 65. If an app is done in months 4-7, then it's a true no go. First app in definitely wins then.

If an agent chose not to submit a second app before a first one took effect in any of the seven months of IEP/ICEP you missed an opportunity.
I have a client in his IEP turning 65 in Feb. I was getting him set up for a Cigna SNP plan to be effective 2-1. I called and verified eligibility and he received his medicare card in Jan. We completed the app and I submitted it on Jan 3. I called Cigna to check the status and they tell me I am not Broker of Record. Found out that Cigna called my client and said we were working together and signed him up direct. Talked to my client who had no idea they had done that so I called Cigna back.

Cigna then tells me that my app and the internal agents app are cancelled because a PDP kicked them out. Cigna then tells me to have him cancel the PDP and put in another app to get him back on the plan. He cancels the PDP, we complete a new app and submit it again on 1-29 to be effective on 2-1. I called Cigna Feb 1 to check the status and they tell me the app is under the internal agent and I am not Agent of Record.

I have a client in his IEP turning 65 in Feb. I was getting him set up for a Cigna SNP plan to be effective 2-1. I called and verified eligibility and he received his medicare card in Jan. We completed the app and I submitted it on Jan 3. I called Cigna to check the status and they tell me I am not Broker of Record. Found out that Cigna called my client and said we were working together and signed him up direct. Talked to my client who had no idea they had done that so I called Cigna back.

Cigna then tells me that my app and the internal agents app are cancelled because a PDP kicked them out. Cigna then tells me to have him cancel the PDP and put in another app to get him back on the plan. He cancels the PDP, we complete a new app and submit it again on 1-29 to be effective on 2-1. I called Cigna Feb 1 to check the status and they tell me the app is under the internal agent and I am not Agent of Record.

That, to put it politely, royally sucks.

Is this Cigna-HealthSpring you're talking about, or just Cigna? It would seem that the internal agent's app would be rejected as a duplicate if yours was already in the pipeline.

Sounds like some shenanigans went down somewhere.

That, to put it politely, royally sucks.

Is this Cigna-HealthSpring you're talking about, or just Cigna? It would seem that the internal agent's app would be rejected as a duplicate if yours was already in the pipeline.

Sounds like some shenanigans went down somewhere.
Well, the internal agent's app went in first and then mine. But, my 2 apps should have kicked him out especially after the PDP came into play. Yes, it is Cigna Healthspring.

Last edited:
I thought as much. It's very possible I would recognize the name of the internal agent.

You could try sending Kim Fry an email with this story. She might very well be able to fix the situation. It is kimberly.fry at healthspring dot com.

Good luck.

Back