Take 3 Other Unlicensed People with for Door Knocking?

entrep1776

Guru
100+ Post Club
Has anyone tried taking 3 other unlicensed people with door knocking? Have other people get licensed agent through the door. Pay them maybe $15 a door they get me through? or does different amount make sense $10,$25? Try to use people as independent contractors?

Tom (myinsurebiz) was talking about setting up call center using Veterans. Maybe taking a veteran or two door knocking then call me as licensed agent?

Has anyone tried taking 3 other unlicensed people with door knocking? Have other people get licensed agent through the door. Pay them maybe $15 a door they get me through? or does different amount make sense $10,$25? Try to use people as independent contractors?

Tom (myinsurebiz) was talking about setting up call center using Veterans. Maybe taking a veteran or two door knocking then call me as licensed agent?

I'm sure that Lamb Chops can help you get set up on that. Seems like I heard that he's selling franchises, complete with training.:)

You can do this so long as the door knocker doesn't talk benefits, pricing, etc. If they are "unlicensed" - the fee for the lead has to be flat regardless if sale is made . . . If they are licensed - you can share profits with them provided the share % is disclosed prior to and is equal to all . . .

What State are you in?

I'm sure that Lamb Chops can help you get set up on that. Seems like I heard that he's selling franchises, complete with training.:)

Franchises are too regulated. Area Licensed Contractors is the proper terminology . . .

Do you think it's a bad idea?

----------

What State are you in?[/COLOR]
I'm in Illinois. Not interested in Posse. From week I've been on this board, seems you have some ok/interesting ideas but many would take alot of time, dedication, and discipline to implement.

I'm in Illinois. Not interested in Posse. From week I've been on this board, seems you have some ok/interesting ideas but many would take alot of time, dedication, and discipline to implement.

We don't do Illinois anyway . . . But good luck to you . . .

I believe "thomasm" here on the forums talks about canvassing (door-knocking) for P&C leads. He is licensed but I don't believe he sells P&C just does the canvassing for some extra cash. You could ask him about his set-up.

Best of luck!

Your first mistake was listening to Tom.

Why would you pay someone to DK for you? That seems to be an idea dumb enough to have come from Tom.

The veterans thing he was pimping never happened. And it won't.

You need training. You have been advised as to where to get that training. And where not to.

Seems you have chosen the where not to route.

If ALL you have to offer is "features/benefits/price", then the name of your game is to get as many leads you can in as short of a period of time as you can.

What you're trying to do is pay as insurance companies pay - after the results are in. In this case, a "commission per lead" regardless of whether they buy or not.

Don't you think you might have some door-knockers who might just put some erroneous information together and call it a "lead"? Or some that might say "I'm entering into a contest and I'm just doing a bunch of surveys. Can you help me?" And you won't be getting quality leads, but people who are willing to waste some time to "help someone out".

Either get a flyer distribution company to send out flyers, door hangers, or do a direct mail piece where you can control the quality of response... and you'll probably do better with those.

Which would you rather have? 100 direct response leads to your WRITTEN offer, or 500 "leads" of questionable quality due to a "survey" conducted by someone else who only has their own interests in mind?

Your first mistake was listening to Tom.

Why would you pay someone to DK for you? That seems to be an idea dumb enough to have come from Tom.

The veterans thing he was pimping never happened. And it won't.

You need training. You have been advised as to where to get that training. And where not to.

Seems you have chosen the where not to route.

I thought the Vets were for call center, I thought he was doing the big brother program to get the kids to do door knocking?

Back