Take my Life and Health test next week

I will be traveling to San Francisco this Friday to take my exam. I received my prelicense training online at prelicensetraining.com and am currently taking there practice test. My question is how close are these practice exams to the real thing? I am currently scoring in the low to mid 90's on all three test, I would just hate to go to the exam and realize I did a lot of my studying based on these practice exams and there nothing like the test.

I will be traveling to San Francisco this Friday to take my exam. I received my prelicense training online at prelicensetraining.com and am currently taking there practice test. My question is how close are these practice exams to the real thing? I am currently scoring in the low to mid 90's on all three test, I would just hate to go to the exam and realize I did a lot of my studying based on these practice exams and there nothing like the test.

I'm sure they vary from state to state but here in Colorado, they were very similiar. If you are getting a 90% plus, fear not, your ready.

I went in an hour early to study a bit before the test. I went in the testing office to make sure I was in the right place and they would not let me leave to study. So make sure you are completly ready when you enter the office. I passed but was not as confident on health law as I would have been had I had that last hour.

Good luck and know that you will pass!

Goodluck with the exam, if you revised well using materials from Insurance Agent test book and score above 90, you're more than ready and you'll be fine. I knew I had passed after doing my 100th question.

Don't take chances though, take your time and read the questions carefully and you should be fine.

Hi emg35, I am in Northern California. I took my F&C, Life, and Health License exam last year in SF. I used prelicensetraining.com too. Please do the practice exam, and focus on it. I was failed on my first F&C license exam because I didn't pay attention to the practice exam. After that, I really focused on the practice exam, and I passed it. The same thing I did when I took my Life and Health exam. Good luck.

Hi emg35, I am in Northern California. I took my F&C, Life, and Health License exam last year in SF. I used prelicensetraining.com too. Please do the practice exam, and focus on it. I was failed on my first F&C license exam because I didn't pay attention to the practice exam. After that, I really focused on the practice exam, and I passed it. The same thing I did when I took my Life and Health exam. Good luck.

I've done most of my studying based on the exam questions. I took all 3 exams last night and scored 96%, 97%, and 98%. Most of the questions I got wrong were because I was going to fast. I think I'll do alright.

I didn't read this whole thread, so I apologize if this has already been said, but on the day of the test, wear a sweater into the room, or something with a hood that you can put up.

The first time I went in to test, the jackasses next to me kept getting up and asking the Proctor questions, going to the bathroom, etc... Basically interrupting MY time. I failed my 1st time through, so my second time, I got ear plugs and put a hood on and positioned myself so that the only thing I could see was the computer screen, and the only thing I could hear was my breathing.

By the way, they should offer ear plugs, but bring some in case. You don't want to fail on your big day because of someone with a prostate the size of a honeydew.

My 2 cents.

Not to thread jack but I didn't want to start a new thread because it is the same topic. I am taking the license for Life, Accident, and Health and wanted to know if anyone on here took the Connecticut version of it...all I have been studying is the book and want to know if this will be enough. Just reading through it and doing the practice quizzes cause is all I received from Northwestern Mutual. Any help would be appreciated cause it is bugging me out a little. Thanks

Not to thread jack but I didn't want to start a new thread because it is the same topic. I am taking the license for Life, Accident, and Health and wanted to know if anyone on here took the Connecticut version of it...all I have been studying is the book and want to know if this will be enough. Just reading through it and doing the practice quizzes cause is all I received from Northwestern Mutual. Any help would be appreciated cause it is bugging me out a little. Thanks

I have my CT LAH. It was not that hard for me as I had it back in 2000 but let it lapse.

I did the pretesting stuff I needed online and that was all it took for me. If you have something from Northwestern Mutual I'm sure you have what you need. Just focus and take practice tests multiple times.

I just met with a Northwestern Mutual guy in Norwich, CT this morning. He went with them right out of college and has been with them for 30 years, for what it's worth.

Go Huskies!!

I guess I can answer my own question now. I was surprised by how many of the questions were exactly the same on the exam. While about a third of them were nothing like the practice exams I would have to say about a third were about the same and the other third were close.

I passed!!

Last edited:
I guess I can answer my own question now. I was surprised by how many of the questions were the exactly the same one the exam. While about a third of them were nothing like the practice exams I would have to say about a third were about the same and the other third were close.

I passed!!

Congratulations!!! Now the fun begins!

Back