Taking the Bite Out of Dental Care Costs in Retirement

Northeast Agent

Guru
1000 Post Club
Pennsylvania
Taking the Bite Out of Dental Care Costs in Retirement | ThinkAdvisor

Would someone please explain the sentence below, as it makes no sense? What Med Supps cover dental and what States does Medicare cover most dental procedures?

The reality is, unless a retiree enrolls in a Medicare supplement insurance plan, or lives in a state where Medicare will cover most dental procedures, maintaining dental health will likely represent an out-of-pocket medical cost to the retiree.

Taking the Bite Out of Dental Care Costs in Retirement | ThinkAdvisor

Would someone please explain the sentence below, as it makes no sense? What Med Supps cover dental and what States does Medicare cover most dental procedures?

The reality is, unless a retiree enrolls in a Medicare supplement insurance plan, or lives in a state where Medicare will cover most dental procedures, maintaining dental health will likely represent an out-of-pocket medical cost to the retiree.

Dammit, Jim. He’s a dentist, not a Medicare expert.

Since he refers to Medicare Advantage plans later in the article, I would guess he meant to say Medicare Advantage rather than Medicare Supplement.

If true or not true that he meant this way or that

it's misleading to the ave senior they way its displayed

Lost Dollar said:

Since he refers to Medicare Advantage plans later in the article, I would guess he meant to say Medicare Advantage rather than Medicare Supplement.

OK, that makes sense. But what about the States that supposedly Medicare covers dental in? MA/MAPD changes yearly.

BTW, you boys are all out of control!

Possible mix up of Medicare and Medicaid.

I would agree with that. My guess would be that the article is poorly written and that the author probably has a better understanding of the differences between ( Medicare Advantage and Medicare plus Medigap ) and ( medicare vs medicaid ) than the article implies.

Vic's point about the article as written being misleading to the casual senior reader is well taken.

Back