Taking the Plunge into MA Plans.

Don't work the area, but I hear CarePlus (owned by Humana) is picking up steam in Polk. Humana doesn't like to compete benefit for benefit with CarePlus in the same markets. Usually one plan is going to better than the other by design.

Except in Orange County, there they are bassically the same plan

Without looking it up, I thought the difference was Silver Sneakers.

they both have silver sneakers.

The difference to my knowledge is mainly the provider network, and some minor difference in the RX formulary.
Also Careplus has that nice OTC discount program

Yes thats a technicality but i bet you that most of the Fl Blue agents also write other providers. I have not heard of anyone being terminated for that violation. Im sure u know that u can just go to medicare.gov to see all of the providers in your area.

It was a technicality for a long time, but not anymore. They are letting the branded BCBS agencies - like Benco - get away with selling other products, but anyone who offers up competition to those branches get termed. In other words, those one or two guys who don't sell much might fly under the radar, but my agency was terminated in February after years of writing good, strong business for them. Makes no sense that they would turn down hundreds of apps per year, but hey, we'll just write something else!

And to the OP, CarePlus and WellCare are the best plans right now in Polk, but if you're truly taking the plunge, you'll need to get them all. Humana/CarePlus, WellCare, Freedom/Optimum, Coventry and UHC. Why? Because they all change every year. Be ready to rewrite every October to maintain your book of business. MAPDs are a different beast than what you're used to. It might not be a bad idea to partner with someone who is familiar with them.

It was a technicality for a long time, but not anymore. They are letting the branded BCBS agencies - like Benco - get away with selling other products, but anyone who offers up competition to those branches get termed. In other words, those one or two guys who don't sell much might fly under the radar, but my agency was terminated in February after years of writing good, strong business for them. Makes no sense that they would turn down hundreds of apps per year, but hey, we'll just write something else!

And to the OP, CarePlus and WellCare are the best plans right now in Polk, but if you're truly taking the plunge, you'll need to get them all. Humana/CarePlus, WellCare, Freedom/Optimum, Coventry and UHC. Why? Because they all change every year. Be ready to rewrite every October to maintain your book of business. MAPDs are a different beast than what you're used to. It might not be a bad idea to partner with someone who is familiar with them.

Got anybody in mind?...:skeptical:

I would certainly want to have the UHC and Humana Regional PPO .To get the co pay shoppers Coventry and Wellcare and if you can get appointed to sell as an independent agent, which I understand is possible , Florida Blue PPO for their network .-- Also to keep your prospects from calling another indy agent to find out about how high Florida Blue's RPPO co payments are.

Every prospect you talk to will either hate or love one of the plans above.
I haven’t found anybody that didn’t hate Florida Blue

Depends what he's looking for. You can partner with another independent agent who specializes in MAs if you're looking to trade off referrals or an agency if you're looking to learn them for yourself. It's hard to learn MAs by yourself.

What's so hard to learn about it?

Back