Taking Three Time to Pass Insurance Test.

In my opinion, if you can not pass the Life or Health test on the first try, the field may not be the one for you. The tests measure more than your cognitive ability. Many questions require an aptitude for insurance that if you do not have, may make you unsuitible for the field.

Although admittidly harder, the same goes for the P and C test.

I am not the smartest, but I have never not passed any test the first time. This includes All lines ( in Vegas in 1984 ) , again in Wisconsin in 1986, the Series 6 then 7 in 1988, then all lines again in 2009 in Iowa due to moves.

I had a staff that took the P&C test 5 times could not pass. On her 6 times she stated they will not pass her because she was not blond. So had to let her go since I need a Licensed Staff.

I took my P&C test in the morning. After noon the same day did my L&H passed both in the same day. Was very happy with that. Nice post!:cool:

In my opinion, if you can not pass the Life or Health test on the first try, the field may not be the one for you. The tests measure more than your cognitive ability. Many questions require an aptitude for insurance that if you do not have, may make you unsuitible for the field.

I am not the smartest, but I have never not passed any test the first time. This includes All lines ( in Vegas in 1984 ) , again in Wisconsin in 1986, the Series 6 then 7 in 1988, then all lines again in 2009 in Iowa due to moves.

I'm sorry I disagree totally with this statement. I have passed every test on the first time through, however the tests test you on the basic knowledge and has really little to do with the job of an agent in real life. I've met many agents that are very techinical and get bogged down in every detail compared to the guy that knows little but asks for information and asks for the sale.

and has really little to do with the job of an agent in real life.

Where did I say this? That "insurance" meant selling insurance.

Anyway, you must see that the test is not that hard if you have always passed - lets stick with that premise for now since without an actual copy of the test, debating its content would be speculative.

Most agents who I have talked to who didn't pass the first time were in too big a hurry to finish the test. The tests are designed to be tricky. If one scans the question there will be an answer that immediately appears to be the correct answer. It's usually the wrong answer.

I suggest to agents that they read the question and look at the answers. Then read the question again word for word and look at the answers. Then read the question one more time literally word for word and only then mark the answer.

Every agent who knew the information that I have made that suggestion to passed the test.

I passed mine the first time also but I took time to carefully read the question.

Try it again and read the question twice then fill the question in with the answer you chose, then make sure it is correct it is just a very tricky test

Sample question

23. This Forum is not not the most negative place to not make posts about insurance?

A) True
B) I don't care
C) False
D) Where is my dinner?

As someone who took the exam in the past 2 years, and also passed it on the first try- I will say this, That exam couldn't be less relevant to the insurance industry in the least.

You don't learn: how to sell, how to prospect, products, carriers, how to find IMO/FMOs, or anything mildy related to success in the industry.

What you do learn is a very basic understanding of all the lines of insurance and all of your resident states laws regarding insurance.

The test is designed as the most correct, same way Microsoft designs their tests..... 3 answers might be correct but only 1 is the most correct.

The states are trying to generate as much revenue as possible. Targeting idiots of every stature, the ones who actually are idiots and the ones who think passing 60% of test exams online the night before will make them pass the real exam.

If someone passed it first time around or took 5 tries I wouldn't hold it against them. If it took them 5 times to pass the stinkin exam, that shows persistence something most people in this business lack.

I failed mine the first time but I think it was "nerves' more than anything. I don't think I had taken a test since my drivers test! My solution was easy.....I had a nice big mixed drink in the parking lot before I took it the second time.....passed it with ease!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Is P and C a harder test than life and health? I really didn't think the life and health was that difficult.
It might be a good idea to take the 2 day classroom training for the test if you are having trouble.

Last edited:

In my opinion, you are so far off base on this one. The state exam has very little to do with actually selling insurance is more of "I know who to take an exam" type of exam. The class I took the Financial Academydpentmuch of the time teaching me how toproperly take a test by the process of elmination on a multiple choice test. I know 4 people who have been through their course and they all passed on the first time.

I passed both,my L&H and P&C on the first try, and neither of those test prepared me for the insurance business, with which I have done quite well. They allowed me entrance into the field, but what I know, I learned through the process of being in this business.
I failed mine the first time but I think it was "nerves' more than anything. I don't think I had taken a test since my drivers test! My solution was easy.....I had a nice big mixed drink in the parking lot before I took it the second time.....passed it with ease!
Is P and C a harder test than life and health? I really didn't think the life and health was that difficult.
It might be a good idea to take the 2 day classroom training for the test if you are having trouble.

In my opinion,the P&C test was much more difficult..

Last edited:
Back