Talkative prospects. How to get back on track

You are young...tell them you need to wrap this up before you need a med. supp. yourself...

kidding of course.

You are young...tell them you need to wrap this up before you need a med. supp. yourself...

kidding of course.

I have found that a sense of humor helps in a lot of cases. A senior has time on his hands so they can spend all of it with you while a business owner has to adhere to the rule of "time is money" so you need to cut through the chase with them.

I agree with John. I deal with business owners and they do not have time to shoot the breeze. I am there to talk about insurance, not to warm them up for a sweet pressntation

When you try to butter up your clients the undertone is "this is nothing you would buy unless I tried to distract you."

Just imagine going to Circut City to buy a new computer: "Wow...that's a really nice watch! Hey...do you fish?"

But go to an ol timer out in the woods and get right down to biz an see what happens(not all the time)sometimes it's best to say "hey nice watch,do u fish"

LOL!

I do not do the warm up at all. I into myself and start asking about their current insurance situation.

Now, my closing is where it gets long. I have had prospects talk to me about anything and everything. I have had my jacket on, hand on the door knob, and they are still talking away. If I have time I will sit and chat.

To break away, I normally say something like "I have enjoyed talking with you but I do have to run to another appointment. Do you have any other insurance questions I could answer real quick?"

So how did it go?

I'll let you know Friday, I have another appointment with them to go over benefits again. They still haven't bought anything yet though...:swoon:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Whatever happened to johnrocks? He was a good guy and seemed to know his stuff. Talked to him on the phone once or twice but then he vanished....

Last edited:
I'll let you know Friday, I have another appointment with them to go over benefits again. They still haven't bought anything yet though...:swoon:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Only been 5 1/2 years since you first mentioned them in this thread.. Keep at it .. You'll wear them down eventually.. One thing has changed.... You aren't 27 years old anymore. :D

Back