Talkative prospects. How to get back on track

I just keep rolling through my process, and I have mastered the segue.

"I really love to fish too Mr. Jones, just put a line in the water and forget my worries. One thing that you won't have to worry about is your Final Expenses........"

I'll let you know Friday, I have another appointment with them to go over benefits again. They still haven't bought anything yet though...:swoon:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Whatever happened to johnrocks? He was a good guy and seemed to know his stuff. Talked to him on the phone once or twice but then he vanished....

I was wondering the same thing recently. He's the only person I've ever met from this board. That was around the time of these posts.

How do you guys stop a prospect from preaching for 2 hours or talking about something else. I have sat in front of people for 45 minutes before just listening to them. I thought if I was nice enough to listen that long they would listen to me and buy. Definetly not the case. What a waste of time.

Initiate a physical act.........open a product brochure and face it to them, then begin highlighting something.

It can be a difficult situation........however........don't get discouraged if you have to just walk away. My experience is being verbose is a defense mechanism for someone not genuinely interested. You may have to somewhat less than diplomatically re-direct the conversation...if they object, then just pass.

Dragline said:
Initiate a physical act.........open a product brochure and face it to them, then begin highlighting something.

It can be a difficult situation........however........don't get discouraged if you have to just walk away. My experience is being verbose is a defense mechanism for someone not genuinely interested. You may have to somewhat less than diplomatically re-direct the conversation...if they object, then just pass.

Thank you but I'm not sure that you noticed this question was posted 5 years ago. I think I pretty much have a handle on it now. ;)

I have to say I laughed out loud when I read this thread. I think this is something you play be ear as if you have an appointment after there are ways to get back on course, but if they are close to signing an app then I'd gladly be late to my next appointment though try to stay on schedule. I'll typically let prospects talk as much as they want and participate in the conversation. You never know if they've had a bad day, like to hear themselves talk or are happy to just have some company. I actually had one prospect many years ago that filled out a lead form to have people over because he was lonely. Another (my last appointment of the day) invited me out back for a beer on his patio and we didn't talk about insurance the entire 1-1/2 hours. Then at the end (after we both had a good talk)... he said where do I sign? Love this topic.

Whatever happened to the original poster? He was pretty much an ***, but at least his ignorance made the rest of us look smart. (Except for Tins. Nothing can help him).

Rick

Whatever happened to the original poster? He was pretty much an ***, but at least his ignorance made the rest of us look smart. (Except for Tins. Nothing can help him).

Rick

You just mad I can do more skateboarding tricks than you.
I made a video of myself doing a triple ollie kickflip.

Back