Tansamerica.com new medicare supplemnent

alexkh

Expert
Any idea how to sell issue age Med sup from Transamerica.com? Customer asked to get it for him. This is apparently direct sales avenue and not agent supported channel.
Thank you

If he wants TA direct and you can't find something comparable let him walk. TA does have at least one carrier (Transamerica Premier Life) that allows agents to write business.

You can waste a lot of time trying to figure out how to get around the carrier direct market, offer something comparable where you CAN be the agent, or just let that dog run and go find another prospect.

I sell Transamerica Premier Life, just mentioned that to prospect and he found direct. Go figure if they sell against agents :(

I know y'all don't like my pricing source, but ....

Based on what I can see, that has already happened here. I don't see much advantage in buying Transamerica's issue age policy over Transamerica Premier's attained age policy.

Usually, issue age will have one rate increase per year and attained age might have 2. The usual is that issue age will have a bigger increase than the 2 smaller increases that attained age has and then the natural progression is that it will be more expensive over the years. I say all of this with reservations as I've not really paid attention to this in years and could be different now. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Issue age is just a gimmick. It'll soon catch up to attained age.

Ugg Hate when I get that prospect that thinks they are just the smartest shopper making a big deal of Issue Age vrs Attained, I don't see how it makes a bit of difference. Just like always see things about how community rating has the highest increases but in NY UHC community rating does not have high increases.

I don't see how any of it makes a difference If a company needs or wants to have big increases they will regardless of the rate type if they are going for low increase it will be low regardless

Ugg Hate when I get that prospect that thinks they are just the smartest shopper making a big deal of Issue Age vrs Attained, I don't see how it makes a bit of difference.

Well, that's been me, but Todd's comments above kind of start to soak in with a perspective change.

Latest posts

Back