Targeting Landlords- Rental Dwelling - Prospecting Ideas?

Would like to target Rental Dwelling - Landlord type policies. Rates are competitive. Other than join a REI Assoc, have you found any prospecting tactics to identify any landlords to mail them/call them?

Would like to target Rental Dwelling - Landlord type policies. Rates are competitive. Other than join a REI Assoc, have you found any prospecting tactics to identify any landlords to mail them/call them?

I would advise against going after this type of market. Landlord's w/ multiple properties tend to have a different standard of what's "in good condition" compared to insurance companies. You'll be dealing w/ inspections all day...every day. Not to mention companies constantly (although not lately..) get hold/cold on this market. Unless you have a small mutual monoline property carrier who specifically does this...you'll be dealing w/ rate increases & renewal headaches.

I have a handful of landlords w/ many properties & I wish I didn't.

The is literally the last type of business I would go after. It is problem business. Agents write it as an accommodation when they write other business for someone. Rental dwellings are also a book killer. It is claim prone business. They also have relatively small premium.
Even if my main carriers write it I don't write it with them. I've experienced too many claims in this class over the years.
You will see when carriers are trying to break into a market a lot of the time they will write this business as it is adverse.

Back