Tax Guy Looking to Get Involved

palmtrees5000

Hi Guys, first time post here. I work in the city for a CPA firm, have about 10 years experience in taxes, and have always had an entrepreneurial spirit. I do some tax work on the side but lately have been thinking about jumping full time into a business.

One thing I noticed a lot where I am from, is mom & pop insurance agencies with a tax preparer working inside. I don't know if these are sole practitioners with their own business renting an office, or if the insurance company provides tax services as well (I'm sure all cases are different)

This intrigued me and I have always had an interest in sales also. Does anyone have any knowledge on here about starting a tax and insurance agency, or if I was to walk into random agencies in my neighborhood and offer my services to their clients and work out some fee arrangement would that be unheard of? Thanks for any help

Insurance companies may have their own staff of estate planning attorneys and CPAs to help with advanced business or estate cases, but that's it.

Everything else is a 'mom and pop' agency. Solo practitioners who are insurance licensed who also are tax preparers, or hire tax preparers.

Hi Guys, first time post here. I work in the city for a CPA firm, have about 10 years experience in taxes, and have always had an entrepreneurial spirit. I do some tax work on the side but lately have been thinking about jumping full time into a business.

One thing I noticed a lot where I am from, is mom & pop insurance agencies with a tax preparer working inside. I don't know if these are sole practitioners with their own business renting an office, or if the insurance company provides tax services as well (I'm sure all cases are different)

This intrigued me and I have always had an interest in sales also. Does anyone have any knowledge on here about starting a tax and insurance agency, or if I was to walk into random agencies in my neighborhood and offer my services to their clients and work out some fee arrangement would that be unheard of? Thanks for any help

Can't you just mine your existing clients for the insurance side of the business...I bet there is gold in those files.

Back