Team Alvarez Insurance Services

Team Alvarez is based out of Orange County, CA and they also has a call center in Las Vegas, NV. His website lists a full array of insurance products but he mainly sells Medicare Advantage to his customer base.

Because he sells a lot of MA he negotiates free or highly discounted leads from the companies he represents and then turns around and sells them to his sales agents for $75 per lead. The guy is a bit of a shark so make sure you read your contract carefully before you sign.

Team Alvarez is based out of Orange County, CA and they also has a call center in Las Vegas, NV. His website lists a full array of insurance products but he mainly sells Medicare Advantage to his customer base.

Because he sells a lot of MA he negotiates free or highly discounted leads from the companies he represents and then turns around and sells them to his sales agents for $75 per lead. The guy is a bit of a shark so make sure you read your contract carefully before you sign.

Their contracts seem to have been put together by someone with little to no legal background who just copied and pasted clauses from others. One thing they do repeat throughout the contract is (paraphrasing here), "...the agent shall hold Team Alvarez harmless and waive any claims against them including recovery of attorney fee's, etc., etc..." It would appear that they've been sued in the past as many times as they specify this kind of verbiage or at least know the way they operate will lead to such legal battles. The letter that was posted seems to have been a response trying to quell some agents concerns with this crappy piece mail of a contract. I'm aware of many agents who've been bombarded daily by Team Alvarez's forceful recruiting; even after being told to stop calling and they have no interest, they keep calling. I've heard that with so many agents actually reading the contract in full and raising questions, they started sending out only the informational and signature pages minus the full details.

Gus Alvares is indeed a shark and his past record proves that. Any agent willing to contract with him and his organization is either too ignorant and naive about contracts or is just desperate and willing to follow them with 'rose colored glasses' on.

Remember folks, when you're in a court room the judge will ask, "Did you read the contract? Did you sign the contract?" then it will lead him to state, "The contract is the contract regardless of what verbal agreements were made. You should have known what you were getting into." I've heard that a time or two myself.

That said, the company they are pushing has had a lot of problems and continues to. Many in the industry see this as their last AEP.

Remember folks, when you're in a court room the judge will ask, "Did you read the contract? Did you sign the contract?" then it will lead him to state, "The contract is the contract regardless of what verbal agreements were made. You should have known what you were getting into." I've heard that a time or two myself.

Doesn't really matter if someone is withholding pages from the contract. Of course, the "whole contract" clause will come back to bite them then, if anyone actually retains the copy they signed and returned.

Back