Tearing Application Out of UH MAPD Books

Midlevel

Guru
1000 Post Club
This is the one day of the year I wish I had a secretary. It's the annual tearing out of applications from the UH MAPD books. So far 6 have hit the recycle bin because of torn pages and there have been quite a few swear words so far. Guess I better place another order now.:D

This is the one day of the year I wish I had a secretary. It's the annual tearing out of applications from the UH MAPD books. So far 6 have hit the recycle bin because of torn pages and there have been quite a few swear words so far. Guess I better place another order now.:D
I hate this, too. My solution has been to make a photocopy of the application pages, enrollment checklist, and receipt and tuck them into each enrollment book. Then I leave them the entire book with nothing torn out of it, using the copied application.

Their apps are the worst!!

I cringe every year when Humana shows up. The boxes arrived this year and I just let them sit there...afraid to open them... It's like a jigsaw puzzle. Thankfully this year just about everything is in 1 book...

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

----------

I hate this, too. My solution has been to make a photocopy of the application pages, enrollment checklist, and receipt and tuck them into each enrollment book. Then I leave them the entire book with nothing torn out of it, using the copied application.

You are a genius...

Sent from my iPad using InsForums

How about the fact that the bottom of the UHC app requires a signature from the beneficiary rather than just their name. Stupid redundant bullshit.

I just received an e-mail a couple days ago that they only have to sign on the page they have always signed on. There must have been some confusion though because I received that e-mail about it. It the past I have always just written their name at the bottom myself and the e-mail said it's only in case the app gets separated.

----------

Good Morning Everyone and Happy 2015 AEP,

We have been receiving questions regarding the enrollee signature on the 2015 applications due to the change from Enrollee Name to Enrollee Signature at the bottom of each page of the application(see example below). Enrollees are not required to sign each page of the application, the purpose of the Enrollee Signature/Name at the bottom of each application page is a safeguard in the event that pages would get separated they could easily be placed back with the appropriate application. Please refer to the “Enrollment Handbook for Agents” starting on pg. 19 for direction on where the enrollee signature is required, as an application will not go through without the enrollee signature captured in the appropriate section.

This is clarification for you as a writing agent.

How about the fact that the bottom of the UHC app requires a signature from the beneficiary rather than just their name. Stupid redundant bullshit.
It only requires printed name, not signature. If it required a signature, it would most likely say enrollee signature. I do still find it a bit irritating to have to write their name on every page of the application, although I get the reason.

I usually don't write their name on bottom of page if it is listed on top of application....they can figure that out....surely.

I usually don't write their name on bottom of page if it is listed on top of application....they can figure that out....surely.
They have the place for the enrolling name on every page in case the pages get separated, just like Humana requires their Medicare number in the top right of every page. But it must not be a Medicare requirement, because it's not true for every application for every carrier.

It only requires printed name, not signature. If it required a signature, it would most likely say enrollee signature. I do still find it a bit irritating to have to write their name on every page of the application, although I get the reason.

It does say signature. Thats my point.

Back