Technology and Your Business

Liz

Guru
100+ Post Club
Hi guys,

For an article i'm writing, would love some input if you have a spare moment or two. The question is:

Is technology hurting or helping your business? How are you using technology to improve your business, or do you find that you are overwhelmed by technological glitches and changes, i.e. PPACA registrations? If you are using technology to upgrade your business, what specific changes have you made?

Curious for your feedback - thank you very much in advance.

These days, technology do help many businesses in many ways. Though not all businesses are great when combined with the recent technology these days.

There is no way we could operate our business at the level we do without technology. It allows all of our agents, marketers, and tech support to work from home. We have a custom CRM, marketing team that do live transfers to agents all over the country, VOIP phone system on my computer, HUD with a barge and whisper feature to help train agents while they are on the phone with prospects, screen sharing, and best of all I am 100% mobile. I can be in my home office, starbucks, or on a beach somewhere and still have a complete office on my laptop. We have had over 182,000 quote requests in the last 12 months and have never met a single one in person. In summery ....I LOVE TECHNOLOGY!!!

If you are using technology to upgrade your business, what specific changes have you made?

I'm a little on the slow side when it comes to keeping up with technology. But since this time last year, the only improvement I've taken advantage of is the use of Dragon software. Although I have been aware of Dragon for several years, I wasn't willing to pay $100 for the software (now sells for $60). But last summer, I discovered that they offer a free phone app called Dragon Dictation, so I tried it. I loved it! and I kicked myself for not trying it sooner.

For agents who spend a lot of time creating content, Dragon is priceless! The next time you get a good content idea come to your head, simply pick up your phone and talk instead of having to sit in front of a keyboard and type it out.

Back