Tele verified

Stelletti

I was doing something on the internet today and in order to confirm my identity the website called my house and made me enter a 4 digit pin that was displayed on my computer in order to confirm. I was thinking why can't an internet insurance lead company do that. It would be a great way to eliminate all BS phone numbers that come through the system. Anyone ever hear of anything like this?

That sounds suspicious to me ... It is a good idea, but if I were a consumer I probably wouldn't do it. To me it seems hard enough to get a lead period ... People are so leery to put anything on the internet. Just my opinion though. (If you don't mind telling) What were you ordering? Did it get mailed in a brown box? LOL Just Joking.

Actually I wasn't ordering anything. It was a confirmation of some online changes. If an insurance quote website said right away that you WILL be contacted by agents and to confirm your identity we will call your phone and just hit "1" and hang up to make sure your number is legit. I don't see how thats suspicious.

Well since 75% of leads are unreachable that you end up paying for then I guess it dosent matter. I just talked to a guy at an internet lead company today that said the target goal is 25% contact ratio.

If I'm gonna call someone who doesn't know I'm calling I'll telemarket. At least they only get call from me - not 6 other agents. It's also free - or close to free. If I'm going to spend money on a lead it better be someone's who's expecting my call - or it's just a waste.

Back