Telemarketer for Home Insurance

DiegoInsGuy

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I am thinking about paying someone (unlicensed) to cold call for home insurance. I was thinking to just pay per lead vs any hourly. I provide the list to call from (he/she calls form his own phone from home) I would also provide an incentive if he was able to gather info for the auto as well . On closed deals I would offer a bonus.

Is anyone doing this now? What has been your experience as far as results from the telemarketer? What would you consider fair compensation per lead?

Thanks,

oh hell no,

you paid me per lead, every phone call I made would be a lead and I would want paid.

Re: Telemarketer for HJJome Insurance

I am thinking about paying someone (unlicensed) to cold call for home insurance. I was thinking to just pay per lead vs any hourly. I provide the list to call from (he/she calls form his own phone from home) I would also provide an incentive if he was able to gather info for the auto as well . On closed deals I would offer a bonus.

Is anyone doing this now? What has been your experience as far as results from the telemarketer? What would you consider fair compensation per lead?

Thanks,
I always pay an hourly and bonus arbitrarily. Get better people with less headaches.

I go with an hourly plus an a quality incentive to keep your marketer motivated.

Example:

$9.00 per hour
Plus $2.00 for every lead that allows you to quote them.

If they get two solid deals per hour for example they make $13 per hour and generally happy. You also are happy because you are providing quotes and quotes translate to sales.

Paying per lead is okay but you'll likely see high turn over lack of motivation; and/or lack of quality.

Focus on a quality incentive versus a quantity incentive. I can generate 100 leads but it doesn't mean anything if you don't close them.

I agree with the hourly + bonus.

First, you don't want to make the telemarketer go home. They have a **** job and should be paid to compensate for that.

Also, by doing hourly you are getting better leads and not stressing out the telemarketer and making them churn out bad leads to keep their bills paid.

While production is expected, if I get one bad day with few leads but others are good, I think that's fine. Stressing out the telemarketer gives a negative feedback loop that results in wasted money, bad leads, and a person that quits.

Each state is different but there is some pretty tough laws now that prevent the 1099. Double check at minimum the IRS standards on what classifies independent vs employed. I was once told if you require them to work specific hours then they are legally employees.

Each state is different but there is some pretty tough laws now that prevent the 1099. Double check at minimum the IRS standards on what classifies independent vs employed. I was once told if you require them to work specific hours then they are legally employees.

You were told wrong. It has a lot more to it than that. If you have then out of your office you're in pretty good shape.

Granted you will kiss a few frogs before you find that prince of a tm. When you find the right one... my thoughts:

-Hourly wage about $8-9 per hour.
Give them a grace period (maybe a week) to learn the script, you need to spend time training them and ongoing nurture.
-Set a standard of X leads/appts per hour.
-Give them an extra $1 per hour for the specific hour more than Xleads/appts were generated.
-Give them a flat dollar incentive for appts.
-Give them a flat dollar incentive for app taken.
-Give them a flat dollar incentive for approved app.

I'm not saying doing all of these, but a combination that keeps them from dialing for dollars. Hope this helps a little.

Back