Telemarketing Call Frequency

w.neil93

How many times do you call a lead who you have been speaking with?

I have been told to call a lead 2-3 times a day if I have recently been speaking with them.

Is this too much & would this be a turn-off to a potential customer as desperate?

Maybe if cold calling a list, However If you are doing Follow up on previous conversation, did you set day and time to call back?

I usually set day and time to call back, If they don't answer I leave a message and call back in few days, If I don't reach them then depending how strong the conversation was or if I am slow at most I would call once every 2 days at different times for max 5 times leaving a message on the 3rd and the last time

Beyond that the person is not a prospect

Maybe if cold calling a list, However If you are doing Follow up on previous conversation, did you set day and time to call back?

I usually set day and time to call back, If they don't answer I leave a message and call back in few days, If I don't reach them then depending how strong the conversation was or if I am slow at most I would call once every 2 days at different times for max 5 times leaving a message on the 3rd and the last time

Beyond that the person is not a prospect

Ok, I was told to just call everyday until you reach them and tbh I thought that was a little mindless, like you said just calling everyday 2x a day, personally I would be irritated and become uninterested. But again, thats what I was told to do. I agree with a structure of one callback with a voicemail, maybe 2, especially if they are about to renew soon but just calling everyday I feel would irritate the customer

Ok, I was told to just call everyday until you reach them and tbh I thought that was a little mindless, like you said just calling everyday 2x a day, personally I would be irritated and become uninterested. But again, thats what I was told to do. I agree with a structure of one callback with a voicemail, maybe 2, especially if they are about to renew soon but just calling everyday I feel would irritate the customer

If you have an Android phone you can have more than one number on it. I have three on mine. That helps if I'm trying to get someone to answer their phone. I don't know about iPhone, but if Android you can install Sideline and Google Voice. I can also block my number with a call blocking app. There is a bit of a learning curve on setting up Google Voice, but you can take you phone to the can instead of a Hustler. :D

As far as internet leads go I generally follow this system. If no contact by day 22 I start a sequential marketing plan with direct mail at 60 and 45 days before the Xdate and then call again at 30 days before to re-quote.

Attachments

• Ultimate-Contact-Strategy.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 19
Here is a real simple approach to following up on leads:

insidesales.com/insider/inside-sales-virtual-summit-2/grant-cardones-7-simple-tips-to-improve-sales-follow-up

Not to start a debate, to each their own, but I'd call the heck out of every lead until they pretty much cussed me out. If they dont answer, door knocking is definitely a good alternative too.

**Sorry dont have enough posts to create a hyperlink. You'll need to copy and paste.

Last edited:
Back