Telemarketing/Cold Calling for FE

ComeCorrect

Expert
No, I'm not talking about doing FE telesales. I'm talking about buying a data list and calling to generate leads & setting appointments. If there is any agent that has tried this I would like to get some feedback. Good, bad or indifferent.

Back before the days of the DNC list I used to cold call mailing lists for pre-need funeral sales.

The lists were all of people that had been mailed something in the last 3-months but most (99%) had not replied. They were basically cold.

There were 100 on each page and I would get 1-appointment per page very consistantly.

I sold very close to 100% of the appointments because I told them exactly what I was comming to talk to them about.

The difference against you is the people I was calling were very familiar with the funeral home I represented.

The difference in your favor was I was selling a MUCh more expensive monthly payment ($150 per person average) or single pay ($10,000 per person average.)

That info may be of some use to you.

I know of one agent that does nothing but cold calling for pre-need leads with scrubbed lists still today. He does no other marketing. He makes over $300,000 per year and is the highest individual producer that I know of in preneed insurance.

I have his script but I won't share it because it's something unique he created. But I can tell you it's not rocket science. He just keeps doing the same thing over and over.

I haven't personally called a cold lead in 10-years. I'm getting weak.

I know of one agent that does nothing but cold calling for pre-need leads with scrubbed lists still today. He does no other marketing. He makes over $300,000 per year and is the highest individual producer that I know of in preneed insurance.

I have his script but I won't share it because it's something unique he created. But I can tell you it's not rocket science. He just keeps doing the same thing over and over.quote]

Your such a tease!!

Well, I'm going to give it a go as soon as I get my writing numbers. I have a script that's short and to the point and I plan on dialing for a few hours a day.

I'll report back with results.

I have his script but I won't share it because it's something unique he created. But I can tell you it's not rocket science. He just keeps doing the same thing over and over.quote]

Your such a tease!!

Well maybe. But I'm not going to give away another persons original creation.

But my point for saying it is that I've read it and heard him deliver it many times and it's not the script that makes him successful. It's that he hammers the phone every day. There is no magic script that makes someone successful.

I have his script but I won't share it because it's something unique he created. But I can tell you it's not rocket science. He just keeps doing the same thing over and over.

Can you tell me whats the difference between a pre-needs plan and final expense?

One solid lead every 1.5-2hrs if dialing 2-3 lines at a time. What you close from there is really up to you, but it should be 1 out of every 3 or so. Your best bet is to go ahead and work up a quote while you have them on the phone and then go see them once they've agreed to what you've proposed and have a bank account, etc. If you try to merely gauge for interest and set a face to face without quoting and qualifying there aren't enough hours in the day to make it work.

As Scott said, it's not rocket science but most agents can't take the rejection of one lead every 1.5-2 hrs.

Can you tell me whats the difference between a pre-needs plan and final expense?

I can tell you that in PA the sales agent must be licensed as both a funeral director and an insurance agent to sell pre-need. Pre-need is based upon a funeral package sold through a funeral home while final expense is simply a whole life policy that can be used to pay the final expenses without any tie-in to a funeral home. Newby (Scott) can give you a detailed explanation.

Back