Telemarketing Companies for Commercial P/C Leads

BDouglas

Expert
Hello,

I have been reading the forum for a few hours now and have a question that someone maybe able to help me with.

I have been cold calling for myself for years now and am getting ready to make the decision to outsource it so I can focus on other things.

There are 2 companies that I have been looking at for their telemarketing services.

Since this is my first post, I am not going to put the company names because I don't want the post to get flagged for spam.

The companies - They charge $32-$35 / hour and there is no guarantee per lead.

They both say roughly 2.5 hours per qualified commercial P/C appointment.

It is rather expensive, but also would save time on my end.

My question : Has anyone used any of the telemarketing companies that their insurance companies endorse and what are your experiences? (Good and Bad)

Has anyone done anything like this long term and is 1 appointment every 2.5 hours accurate or are they just being conservative?

Any experience will be helpful (I'm sure other people have these same questions) as it is a big upfront investment.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

I have been reading the forum for a few hours now and have a question that someone maybe able to help me with.

I have been cold calling for myself for years now and am getting ready to make the decision to outsource it so I can focus on other things.

There are 2 companies that I have been looking at for their telemarketing services.

Since this is my first post, I am not going to put the company names because I don't want the post to get flagged for spam.

The companies - They charge $32-$35 / hour and there is no guarantee per lead.

They both say roughly 2.5 hours per qualified commercial P/C appointment.

It is rather expensive, but also would save time on my end.

My question : Has anyone used any of the telemarketing companies that their insurance companies endorse and what are your experiences? (Good and Bad)

Has anyone done anything like this long term and is 1 appointment every 2.5 hours accurate or are they just being conservative?

Any experience will be helpful (I'm sure other people have these same questions) as it is a big upfront investment.

Thanks in advance!

I got a quote for 6 a hour from a company that uses people over seas.

I got a quote for 6 a hour from a company that uses people over seas.

Probably not for commercial P&C though.

My experience is that commercial P&C appointments, that's confirmed appointments, with the relevant data, called back again to confirm, run about $100 each. You can get them for $50, but you'll burn through twice as many.

As a point of reference, look at cleardata, at RelEvent You'll see they run between $75 and $100 per appointment. I've never used them, though I've considered it.

It's not an easy thing.

Dan

$32-$34/hr with no guarantee isn't an unreasonable price, but they should be extremely talented, U.S. callers, include the marketing lists, and use a predictive dialer if you're paying that much.

@Mark: $6/hr for overseas telemarketers is going to be a horrible telemarketer. If we want to look at price alone, I have on that works for literally $1/hr, but barely speaks English. If you have folks that are charging $6/hr odds are they are only paying the telemarketer $1.5-$2/hr and the results will show.

I need a telemarketing that speaks southern.

Yall aint got telemarketers like that which can speak southern.

The phone call would go something like this:

Howdy There! Aint you got any life insurance. Your old lady would be in a lot of trouble if something happen to your butt. Why dont you let a man that wears a nice suit come see you and take some of your fishing money to protect your old lady and those children. At least half of those kids are yours, and since the other half are your brothers and best friends, might as well take care of them too.

@djs - Yes, the 2 companies I am looking at, I am figuring $90 / appointment. It is pretty steep but the account size should be able to maintain the program. The true profit will be in the renewals.

@Markingriffin - I'd love to know the company overseas and if they provide decent leads. I am aware that when you outsource overseas, the quality is not as good. BUT, you can afford twice the amount of work as well. So depending on how much they would charge and their production would depend on if it was worth the hassles.

Anyone have experience with any telemarketing firms currently? I would really love to hear what kind of experiences people have had. Thanks!

@djs - Yes, the 2 companies I am looking at, I am figuring $90 / appointment. It is pretty steep but the account size should be able to maintain the program. The true profit will be in the renewals.

@Markingriffin - I'd love to know the company overseas and if they provide decent leads. I am aware that when you outsource overseas, the quality is not as good. BUT, you can afford twice the amount of work as well. So depending on how much they would charge and their production would depend on if it was worth the hassles.

Anyone have experience with any telemarketing firms currently? I would really love to hear what kind of experiences people have had. Thanks!

I would think you would be better off going on craigslist and hiring some local girl that is hunting a job and use her.

Commercial prospecting is different than even home/auto. It would literally take months to train someone from the ground up to do this correctly. It requires skills of getting through gatekeepers, followup over time, understanding the risks (in a limited sense), knowing a little about insurance for asking proper underwriting questions, etc.

While the craigslist person could work well for quantity of calls, this is more about quality. Now if you found someone for personal lines, and they did well, you could promote them to commercial lines over time.

Beyond that, once you get someone close to working well, they would likely quit on you. My guess is you would spend considerably more trying to do this in house then you do if you hire it out. I'm basing this on several large commercial producers that I know and all of them hire this work out, though they do the personal lines stuff in house.

Commercial lines is a lot more of a practised art than just running a bunch of numbers till it works.

Dan

A lead is very different from an appointment. A lead is general and not personnel at all. An appointment not only gathers information for you and you alone but also has comments on the mood of the appointment and the reason why they are in the market, a good lead should seem as if the agent themselves spoke to the client, plus they must be in the market for your product not just trying to get the marketer off the phone. Also you should never have to sign a contract a good firm will prove themselves to you on a monthly basis so that they are forced to get you quality appointments on a monthly basis. Remember you are paying for the information so it belongs to you not anyone else. I hope this helps please let me know if I can help anyone.

Back