Telemarketing for Appointments - Legal in Florida?

Guys thanks for all of the replies!

My post is not asking about the validity of setting appointments over the phone versus face-to-face I have many many years of doing both very successfully.

My question is are their parameters I have to abide by when I allow somebody other than me (the licensed agent) to set appointments?

The person I'm working with who owns the agency is very concerned that I might be violating some statute. Is there anybody here who has a telemarketer setting appointments and if so what do you have to avoid saying so as not to violate any insurance statutes?

Guys thanks for all of the replies!

My post is not asking about the validity of setting appointments over the phone versus face-to-face I have many many years of doing both very successfully.

My question is are their parameters I have to abide by when I allow somebody other than me (the licensed agent) to set appointments?

The person I'm working with who owns the agency is very concerned that I might be violating some statute. Is there anybody here who has a telemarketer setting appointments and if so what do you have to avoid saying so as not to violate any insurance statutes?

1. The Cold Caller MAY NOT discuss any actual policies or coverage.

2. Read 1 again and again and again...

Simple logic: "Hi Mr/Mrs Smith, this is Joe Blow from ABC Insurance and we are helping out a lot of folks on their homeowner's renewal in your zip code/neighborhood, would you like to receive a comparison quote to what you have now?

-WHY YES I WOULD!

"OK great, let me have your email and i will have the agent I work side by side with contact you thru the email and go from there. Or I can have that person call you direct, connect you with him/her right now, whichever is easier."

But basically you cannot talk any specifics and why should/would you without a license.

2 Types for P&C in Florida. the 4-40 allows you to sell insurance in the office but cannot discuss much outside of the office. The 2-20 allows you to basically open your own shop if you really want.

Simple logic: "Hi Mr/Mrs Smith, this is Joe Blow from ABC Insurance and we are helping out a lot of folks on their homeowner's renewal in your zip code/neighborhood, would you like to receive a comparison quote to what you have now?

-WHY YES I WOULD!

"OK great, let me have your email and i will have the agent I work side by side with contact you thru the email and go from there. Or I can have that person call you direct, connect you with him/her right now, whichever is easier."

But basically you cannot talk any specifics and why should/would you without a license.

2 Types for P&C in Florida. the 4-40 allows you to sell insurance in the office but cannot discuss much outside of the office. The 2-20 allows you to basically open your own shop if you really want.

CLICK.......DIAL TONE :swoon:

-WHY YES I WOULD!

Thank you. That was precisely what I was looking for.

Thank you. That was precisely what I was looking for.

This is the first post where I think I really did help someone. What an awesome feeling after so many have been unselfishly giving to me since I arrived a couple months ago.

There is a great moral compass in this community, maybe not everyone but most want the best for their customers.

One last thing Woods, do be careful. Even with what I posted and even with 20 years of inside phone sales experience I have to be very careful about what I say. In fact with the 3 day cram session next week and my State Exam scheduled for 2/27, I have picked up the phone a lot less the last couple days.

Good Luck to you and I'm glad I could help.

What kind of ROI are you looking for with these telemarketing calls???

I appreciate this post but it's a difficult question to answer with so many variables plus retention and renewals years 2-3-4-5...but if you never pick up the phone the ROI doesn't matter. If you do pick up the phone and consider yourself a cold call cowboy, you already know your ROI which involves mostly sweat equity will pay off long term.

Does running one time strip 50 lbs off an overweight adult? Not really, you gotta make a complete lifestyle change, that's the only way you win the weight battle, doing a little everyday the same way over a long period of time. Now if you don't see some returns in the first 60-90 days then you probably need to enhance your scripts and sales skills. But you know where to find those things.

Latest posts

Back