Telemarketing for Life Ins.

captain94

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am currently marketing med-supps and i am looking for away to get infront of prospects ages 45-60 for life insurance by cold calling on the telephone. anyone have any good scripts that has worked for them for appointment setting for life insurance.

I would also be interested in looking at a few scripts that are successful for appt. setting. Thanks

You just missed it. I really had a ton of good scripts that I recently threw all away. I came to the realization that scripts were for actors and I wasn't one.

What works is not the words but the mindset. If you are truly interested in people's situations and if you truly know that you can truly help them then the words will naturally follow because you are just saying what you truly mean.

On the other hand if you are truly interested in making a sale then you'll be out of words without script because you can't be honest - "I really want to sell you some insurance".

Have a game plan, not a script. Everyone that you speak with will be different and you are not a robot.

My short answer.

I basically try to stick to this.. what?..why?..when?

What are they looking for?

Why are they looking?

When do they want it?

That can be anywhere from 30 seconds to an hour. The prospect lets me know.

hello (name) this is (your name) with company name and I wanted to be sure and get in touch with you to see who you carry your life insurance with?

ans.

o.k. now I understand, because our company may be able to offer you

pick 1

1. up to 30 % more coverage for what your paying now
2. the same full coverage for up to 30 % less than what your paying now.

Now I'm going to be out in your neighborhood today, I have to see someone close to where you live, you'll be home in about 20 minutes won't you or will this afternoon be better?

This is to get an appointmet, NOT to replace LI. Once you're there do a needs analysis.

Last edited by a moderator:
You may have more success cold phone calling for either: a) root canal appointments, or b) toe-nail fungus treatments.

C'mon man...you're slippin. I read this post last night and immediately thought were is Moon with his "I'd rather put a bullet in my head" when you need him.

In all seriousness though captain...if you're drawing the correlation that you may have been "cold calling" for med supp clients and now you want to duplicate those same efforts dialing for raw underage life prospects you may want to rethink your strategy. Many on the board...Frank, etc....built a heck of business by "cold calling". The difference is they were not really cold calling...it was highly targeted marketing to a select group of prospects.

So then if the question is how do you cold call underage life effectively? I say unequivocally that you don't.

thats what I thought just wanted to put the question out there. i have had good sucess cold calling for med supps but it is targeted to 65+. im trying to find away to build a book of 50+ with life that I can get first chance to get a medsup later.

Back